Vert milage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vert milage

has any one here with a convertable been able to figure out what kind of milage they get with the top down? is it any different then with the top up?

ive only been able to put mine down 2 or 3 times (damn cold wisconsin) and ive been really curious about it

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

I brought this up before. myth busters did something similar to what you're asking.

you should, by what they showed, get better mileage with the top down.
    The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

did you can i ask where cuz i looked and couldnt find
      and i dont rember the mythbusters doing a convertable test

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Well. They didn't do a vert test. They did a pick up test. but the same physics apply.
        The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

That was an A/C vs open window test. A/C uses more fuel. We needed them to tell us that?
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
            That was an A/C vs open window test. A/C uses more fuel. We needed them to tell us that?
            Because no one knew what accessory drag was until Mythbusters told us!

No, but actually there were two different Mythbusters tests. One was the A/C vs. windows debate, the other was about pick-ups and whether they would get better mileage with the gate up, down, with a bed cap, etc. I forget which one won.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
            - DS S3 Intake
            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Whenever I would drive my C5 on the interstate with the targa top off, I noticed my DIC would often show a decrease in gas mileage. Might have been a coincidence though.
              2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
              (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
              (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

I have not noticed a difference top up or down. Someone needs to drive the tank near to empty with the top down and compare. Sounds like I need to schedule a trip in the vert, w/o the wife. She complains too much about her hair being messed. I tell her that is why hats were invented :P

Comment

Working...
                X