All the cool kids are doing it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the cool kids are doing it...

So I was on my way to work today and I see this RX8 swerving in and out of traffic. Now I know the RX8 is supposed to be a pretty fast car. Anyway he sees me comming up on him and I hear him gun it. Well I am not the type to let someone punk me out so I gunned it (not even putting it in manual mind you) and smoked him. You could hear his exhaust screaming and when I passed he looked pissed.

Well that's my head swelling race story for now.
    Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Nice!! I love RX-8 drivers who think they're fast

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

funny how they think their $30 coffee can on the back makes them fast.
      BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Re: All the cool kids are doing it...

Originally posted by rpromero
        You could hear his exhaust screaming....
        Probably cause those things redline at like 10k rpms, haha. Very nice! I was messing around with a toolbag wearing Britney Spears sunglasses in a early 90's 'vette yesterday as well. He thought he was all badass with his California tags - not to mention he was SMOKING IN THE CAR. No respect for the vehicle. I just want to smack people like that.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Nice. The RX8 isn't that much faster, if any, than the GTP.

Comment

i know wut ur talking about, the other night i was on my way home(12:30am) and some kid in and acura rsx-s came flying up on me then tried to pass me as soon as i left the stop sign on a blind hill. so i gunned and pulled on him hard. he keeped trying to pass me on blind corners or hills. so i wouldnt let him around i would just give it gas and pull, it was great. i thought the rsx-s was supposed to be fast. just no match against the gtp. oh yah and he keeped pussin out at 105mph i thought it was funny. and congrats on ur kill

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
            Originally posted by ahuhn
            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Yeah the RX-8 just 'looks' fast.

Comment

the way mazda markets the rx8 youd think it's a lot faster than it is... But it's definitely a blast seeing the reaction from some one who get whomped in their "sports car"

Comment

well I know for a fact that the automatic RX-8s are slow as shit. The 6-speeds are a little quicker than a GTP, with their 0-60 time around 5.9s. They're about 400lbs lighter with about the same horsepower, but absolutely no torque. I did a lot of research on this car because I was considering buying one.
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                    ...the same horsepower, but absolutely no torque...
                    Yeah, I've heard that about them. I'm not real familiar with piston vs rotary designs, but is there a straightforward explanation as to why that is so? A quick scan of wikipedia didn't reveal much.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

Anyone else here think our 0-60 times are slower due to our shitty tires?
                      I know that if I give it just enough in first to keep traction and gun it in 2nd, I go right around most cars.

Black 2007 GT coupe with Sport Package.
                      DoctorSpeed CAB, 5/15% tint, G5 spoiler, Euro Black Tailz, GM Strut Bar, GY Eagle F1 A/S Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by wormhole
                        Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                        ...the same horsepower, but absolutely no torque...
                        Yeah, I've heard that about them. I'm not real familiar with piston vs rotary designs, but is there a straightforward explanation as to why that is so? A quick scan of wikipedia didn't reveal much.
                        This might help:
                        http://auto.howstuffworks.com/rotary-engine4.htm

Comment

Originally posted by LZ9Ignition
                          Ahh, all about the ratios. I get ya. Thanks.

Comment

mazda is designing a new Renesis with mo' power. probably from the flack theyve taken
                            BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                            ^ The Man
                            v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                              ...i thought the rsx-s was supposed to be fast. just no match against the gtp. oh yah and he keeped pussin out at 105mph i thought it was funny. and congrats on ur kill
                              Yeah, a GTP will eat an RSX on a straight away. I've got a friend with a 2005 RSX-S. It pushes 210 hp and 143 ft-lbs by factory specs, and the '06 actually loses 10 hp and 3 ft-lbs.

At under 2800 lbs he has a 600 lb weight advantage so I'm sure he'd take my G6 V6 (201 hp/200 ft-lbs), but a GTP should have no problem... Unless of course you hit some curves. The RSX will hold the road so much better than a G6. Weight and understeer take it's toll there.

Comment

Working...
                              X