Locking Gas Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking Gas Cap

Not the Sparco ones, but an actual locking gas cap that sits behind the fuel door.

Anyone know if GM is selling these? I saw one on the G6 Convertible at the Auto Show.

It looks like the stock one, except that it has a key hole in the middle.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Stant part number 10511 is listed on the stant.com web page as fiting the 2005 sedan with 3500 V6.

You can find Stant at most auto parts stores like Auto Zone, Advance, O'Reilly

#######

update 3-4-06

part number 10511 is for the gas cap packed in a box

part number 11511 is for the gas cap packaged in cardboard blister pack with a slot in order to be hung on standard pegs found in retail stores

This is what I got in an e-mail from Stant technical support

The boxed Stant 10511 or carded 11511 locking cap is the proper part for your 2006 Pontiac G6.

Comment

uh... why would you want to have a locking gas cap?
      2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Well, I know people who live in pretty bad areas, and people will do nasty stuff to mess up your car. Or unless you're just on someone's hate list and they'll pour something in your gas tank that shouldn't be there.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

oh yeah true
          2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

I might see if my local auto store has that locking cap while I'm picking up some wheel locks
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Wouldn't you have to get out of the car everytime you go to the gas station though? To unlock it?
              -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

dont you have to get out of your car anyway. or you go to one of those lazy gas stations where people pump your gas for ya?

Comment

In Jersey I think it's pretty much illegal to pump your own gas anymore. Nobody gets out of their car. Especially in this weather.
                  -Mike #1

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                    dont you have to get out of your car anyway. or you go to one of those lazy gas stations where people pump your gas for ya?
                    In NJ all gas stations are full service, i think its unlawful to pump your own gas. But its ok, who really wants to get out and pump their own anyway? Plus there is no tax and our gas is usually cheaper than bordering states. I saw 1.90 yesterday
                    ~Dave
                    06 Liquid Silver GP GXP - Leather/Suede, Navigation, Sunroof, HUD, DIC, XM
                    92 Aqua Blue GP GTP - project car
                    93 White GP SE B4U - daily driver 256,219 miles
                    DIC, HUD, quad leather buckets, Buick F-bar, GMPP trailing arms, clear tails, 15% tint

Comment

Is this just some kind of personal safty precaution so people don't put things in your gas. I've never seen the point of them really.. the only people I know who have them are people with enemies LOL (I live in a small city where everyone knows everyone)
                      Originally posted by Toyz
                      Originally posted by simplyred
                      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

or where people actually steal your gas, that is another reason but like simply im in a small town so if soemone did it i just kick them in the junk

Comment

Besides.. I'd give myself a month or two and I'd loose the key because I'd have it laying around the car so I didnt have to shut the car off to give the guy the key to unlock it. Better yet, I'm way to damn lazy to have to unlock my cap to put gas in the car... that means I'd have to remember to take my keys out of the ignition when I got gas... nooo way :smoke:

Comment

I didn't even know full service stations were still out there, here in AZ I don't think there is such a thing. Some of the stations have the full service signs up but you can tell the signs are 42532937 years old and they don't do that shit anymore.
                            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

alot of them here are fullservice beacuse of the shitty weather. It only took one to be full service and the rest fallowed from there. There are still plenty of self-serve ones but when the weathers bad like it is now, theres no way I'm going to get out and pump my own gas when I can have someone do it for me haha!

Comment

Working...
                              X