• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polycharger wax booster

Brand: Polycharger
    Price: $39.99 +
    Purchased From: http://www.autopia-carcare.com

Installation: Easy
    Installation Time: Couple minutes of shaking and mixing, then just falls into your regular waxing time.
    Any Installation Tips You Have: None really, just make sure to follow the directions and don't mix up more than you can use within a day or so. Mix less because you can always make more. As soon as this stuff is exposed to air it starts to harden, my leftover wax in my sealed container was almost toothpaste-like a day later.

Quality of Part: 10
    Product Performance: 10
    Would you Recommend to Others: Yep

Had a chance to try this out over the weekend, I bought it when it first came out and just finally tried it. Anyways you can read up about it for anyone wondering but basically you just add this stuff to your wax/detailing spray and it hardens the wax and severely increases it's durability, slickness and bond to paint. Think kind of somewhat like the hardener with fiberglass resin. Oh and it also can be used with carnauba wax which as you know has a low melting point, but this stuff takes it to over 400 degrees so whereas carnauba will evaporate in hot summer temps this will be a big plus on it's durability.

A lot of people may look at the product and go hmmmm gimmicky, and I even thought that at first even though it's from Autopia. But this stuff works exactly like it says.

I don't have pictures of it, since I didn't have any room on my digital camera for the after photos and I couldn't delete any (yeah yeah believe what you want lol). I divided my hood into 3 taped off sections and applied NXT, Meg #21, and PC (polycharged) #21. After letting things cure for 18 hours I sprayed water over it to test beading, and they all looked the same pretty much. PC and regular #21 looked a bit better but #21 is also a better wax than NXT so this doesn't mean much.

Then I applied a strong detergent which I use for cleaning wax out of my pads and towels, and the afterwards beading test NXT was pretty much gone, #21 was severely diminished but some remained, and a big shock was the PC #21 looked completely unphased by it. Only after wiping down an area of it with rubbing alcohol (don't do that) did it start to take it off but even then it still had some beading left and not to mention the product was not completely cured. Even after that it still felt slick and pastsed the squeak test, even though most of it appeared to be gone which it was but a small amount still remained.

Anyway enough rambling, but everyone should look into this product. Whether you are the type that doesn't like to wax often, or if you want something a lot more durable then it still applies. Some have got 5+ months out of PC #21 so it seems to hold up just as well as initial testing. Some people have got creative and mixed some with tire dressings, and trim protectant with good results. They are developing PC for other detailing products as well, I'm hoping for the tire dressing soon.

huh crazy shite man, I might have to give this a try because I'm one of those who washes all the damn time but never waxes-I've waxed my car once in the almost year and a half I've had the car.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

It's def worth trying, even though it works with lots of waxes not listed just check the compatibility first.

Def a big plus for someone who wants something that lasts much longer, and has a lot more protection. I felt it more today since it had more time to cure and it is a lot slicker than it was. Yay lol

Comment

Working...
      X