Is this normal? Strange Remote Start behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal? Strange Remote Start behavior

I finally got my key fob programmed on a used GTP sedan i bought. In order for the remote start to work i have to hit the LOCK button then shortly after hit the remote start button. If i do not hit the LOCK button first it will not start. Is this normal? (this is with the doors already locked)

Yes.

Comment

Nice
      SSSS Czar

Comment

I see you edited it, but doors locked or not it's still normal.

Comment

Yep, you still have to lock before remote start, or some loser is gonna take off with it.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Not loser smart guy :P
            SSSS Czar

Comment

Who you callin smart?
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

SSSS Czar

Comment

Ok, just wanted to make sure. Assuming the doors are locked it just seems a little weird to have to hit lock first. I also noticed it wont let you put the car in gear until the key is in so theres not much chance of some loser running off with it

Comment

Yes no matter what you have to hit the lock button.... and you can't put the car in gear with out the key on the on posisition!!
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Working...
                    X