Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Re: Updated: Intake for 4 cylinder G6???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Re: Updated: Intake for 4 cylinder G6???

Any intakes that came out for the 4 cylinders G6? it seems everything is on the v6!! Here what the engine bay looks like on the 4 cylinder! I hope my taking picture skills is good enough for all of you!!

[[img][/img]

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

HEY redsun, I have my Weapon-R intake from my 03 cavy-if the engine is set in a similar way and nothing is in the way I'm sure the intake would work on your car also!! Post a pic of your engine bay and I'll take a look to see if it'll fit for ya.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I haven't had the opportunity to check under the hood of a 4-banger yet. Can you post a pic of your engine bay? The bigger, the better.
      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
        HEY redsun, I have my Weapon-R intake from my 03 cavy-if the engine is set in a similar way and nothing is in the way I'm sure the intake would work on your car also!! Post a pic of your engine bay and I'll take a look to see if it'll fit for ya.
        I will post the pic as soon as possible!! I have been looking in other forum but still has not answer on the 4 cylinders intake system. OOps sorry I posted on the wrong forum.

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Yea I'd like to see what it looks like also.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

wow....u guys are very interested at my 4 cylinders g6 !!!

Comment

Ouch... am I seeing this correctly? Is the MAF sensor actually PART OF the airbox itself?

Or is it just a sensor inserted into the side of the plastic and held in place by a couple screws?

Let me know and I'll see if I cant get the wheels turning on something.
              2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

wow that's interesting
                -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

OK just as in the cobalts, in my cavy the filter for the intake sat on the driver side of the car. With the new cobalts and now the G6 they moved the damn thing to the other side (passenger side) so the intake I have won't work for you.

As for the "MAF", if its the same as on the Cobalt its not a MAF but an IAT sensor that has a fuggin huge connector.
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

So is it a MAF or an IAT sensor? The IAT is built into the MAF on the V6s I believe.
                    -Mike #1

Comment

Its just an IAT, my 2.2 ecotec never had a MAF and my friends Cobalt has the same 4295 inch connector but its just an IAT.

Comment

On yours did it just slide into a hole in the tubing or is bolted to a mount on the tubing?

haha, I said "a-hole" Okay, enough coffee for me...
                        2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

LOL in the cavy it just slid into a rubber grommet, these things have a huge connector though...

Comment

So I guess they build it differently for the G6!!! No luck for an intake like what you guys have! I am a newbie care to explain what you guys just said!!

Comment

I wouldn't say that. Can you snap a pic of that sensor? Maybe an angle looking at it from the back of the engien so I can see how it fits into the tubing.
                              2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X