3.9L VectorTune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.9L VectorTune

I didn't see a review here so I figured I would make one. It is a great mod to get. You get 7 HP and 10 torque you get better gas milage your car actually feels like it has a top end now the only some what downside is that you need to get 93 octane all the time. I mean it is one of the most worth while modifications to do to your car and it is super easy to install. Chris "GTPrix" is a pretty nice guy and will answer any question you have about his products pretty fast. so I gave it a 5 out of 5 thumbs up.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Is that the gain from an 87 octane tune?

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
      Is that the gain from an 87 octane tune?
      I have a 93 octane tune in my car. I am not sure what tune nikki got I am thinking it might have only been a 91 octane tune I am not sure tho.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Crank or wheels? Just asking because if it's crank, it seems kinda low.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
        - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
        - DS S3 Intake
        - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

wheels, it was on a mustang dyno with a hot engine.

Dyno Thread

Comment

Re: 3.9L VectorTune

Originally posted by Coupe_GTP
            I didn't see a review here so I figured I would make one. It is a great mod to get. You get 7 HP and 10 torque you get better gas milage your car actually feels like it has a top end now the only some what downside is that you need to get 93 octane all the time. I mean it is one of the most worth while modifications to do to your car and it is super easy to install. Chris "GTPrix" is a pretty nice guy and will answer any question you have about his products pretty fast. so I gave it a 5 out of 5 thumbs up.
            It definitely does make a difference. There is more power from mid to top end. The car pulls all the way up to 6300 rpm. Turn off the TC and you can do wicked burnouts. I even have passing power in 6th gear!
            2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
            Forge Motorsports BPV
            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
            HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

You just disconnect your battery, remove your pcm, mail in then reverse the steps for an install right?
              BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

pretty much but I never disconnected my battery. I got mine in the blowout sale he had awhile ago when he was selling a new ecu with a tune so I didn't have to have my car immobile for a couple of days. All I have to say is try to be careful in taking it out but it does involve some force to get out.

Comment

Brand: Vector Motorsports
                  Price: ~$400.00 (from the 'black friday' sale)
                  Purchased From: vectormotorsports.com

Installation: easy
                  Tools Required: a flathead screwdriver; 5/16" wrench (only to disconnect your battery)
                  Installation Time: 1-5 minutes for the ECM; 5-15 minutes for the TCM (A4 transmission)
                  Installation Tips: take your time and don't be afraid to use a little force if needed.

Quality of Part: 10
                  Product Performance: 10
                  Would you Recommend to Others: without hesitation

Any Other Comments: read the how-to's around here, they really helped me uninstall/reinstall easily.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Working...
                  X