Using Catera Front Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Catera Front Brakes

Following reading another thread, I saw that the Cadillac Catera shares our wheel bolt pattern... and I got to thinking about brakes.

Without checking everywhere, I saw that our front rotors are 11.7" diameter (6-cylinder engine) but the Catera's are 12.7 inches.

Besides getting new brake calipers and the rotors... what else would likely be required? I doubt it would be as easy as a direct parts swap... but would the G6's hub accept the larger rotor? Likely the caliper would need an adaptor plate to bolt on.
    Trust me, I'm a professional!

possibly, however you are still looking at having to machine a mounting plate for the larger caliper. Not to mention who knows if they will mess with the ABS or anything else for that matter.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I don't know why it would mess with the ABS... the wheel's either turning (and so the brakes can apply pressure), or it's not (and so release pressure).

I could see needing to adjust the front/rear bias (pressures) to keep from having the fronts lock much quicker than the rears do... but if it's just a couple mounting plates, then this looks like it might be a reasonable upgrade.

Now to go find a wrecked Catera.
      Trust me, I'm a professional!

Comment

definitely worth it, I'd go for it just make sure you let us know what it ends up
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
        X