dr speed Cold air box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dr speed Cold air box?

I was looking at the drspeed.com site and i noticed under the stage 3 intake, was a "cold air box". I was wondering what this is and if it could be an alternative to the stage 3 intake as it says it improves fuel economy, on top of all the other things listed under the stage 3. Any suggestions??
    ::Black 06V6G6::..more to come.

It is supposed to be realesed in March... Right?
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

yea i believe so, I kno its not out yet.
      ::Black 06V6G6::..more to come.

Comment

Basically the majority of everything else should be released sometime in March according to Kyle. I would just keep checking the Doctor Speed site on a daily basis.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Just look at the intakes for other cars on the website and you'll get a general idea of what it is and what it looks like. It's basically a cone filter enclose in a type of heatshield to keep warm air out.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Very true, The G6 box will be similar to the Grand Am setup. The main difference is that the G6 box has much more room to work. I'm pretty proud of the G6 air box design. It's being manufactured as we speak!
            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I cannot wait, let us know when you have a photo so I can order it up!

John
              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I think I'll still be happy with my Stage 3 but I am anxious about seeing pics of this cold air box. I know Weapon-R makes them and I almost bought one for my cavy but they're kinda pricey.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
                  Very true, The G6 box will be similar to the Grand Am setup. The main difference is that the G6 box has much more room to work. I'm pretty proud of the G6 air box design. It's being manufactured as we speak!
                  that is what we like to hear

Comment

are they here yet?? i want to get my hands on one soon..
                    G6 GT COUPE

Comment

According to the manufacturer, about a week. Believe me, I want it too!!!
                      2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

so what means they will be ready to ship by april? bout time, geesh

just glad the time has come

Comment

Nah, like a day or two TOPS after they arrive to ME.
                          2006 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

and you will have them in a wk right? so then right at end of march beginning of april

Comment

Cold Air Box HP gains

Originally posted by G6Performance
                              According to the manufacturer, about a week. Believe me, I want it too!!!
                              Hey Kyle,

I plan on ordering the "cold-air Box". I was wondering if you will be providing dyno results showing the HP gains from your various CAI systems. The G6 GTP in particular.

Also, does the box seal up to the hood? I had a "Euro-Sport" box on a 2000 Jetta 1.8T that had a rubber seal on the top. This ensured that the engines hot air stayed out.

Any additional info/links would be great.

Thanks,

Chris in Ottawa
                              Black GTP, 6-speed
                              Ottawa, Ontario
                              Go Sens!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X