the screw that holds the automatic shift knob down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the screw that holds the automatic shift knob down

OK, I took off the shift knob to put on an after market shifter that I got. Now I want to put my old shift knob back on but can't find the damn screw. Do I have to buy the shift knob as a unit from GM or can I just buy the screw that holds it on, or is the whole unit under warranty?

please help me...

remember what the screw looked like and go buy one from a hardware shop or something... thats what I would do?!?!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Re: the screw that holds the automatic shift knob down

Originally posted by xr50tim
      OK, I took off the shift knob to put on an after market shifter that I got. Now I want to put my old shift knob back on but can't find the damn screw. Do I have to buy the shift knob as a unit from GM or can I just buy the screw that holds it on, or is the whole unit under warranty?

please help me...
      Just curious, but did the aftermarket shifter not fit?
      Originally posted by TLS2000
      It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

any pics of the aftermarket shifter?
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I agree with Noah! If you dont remember what it looked like, ask a member to take a picture of the screw for you. Im sure someone will even be able to give exact sizes aswell. Go over to the local hardware store and buy a replacement. Or if you are going to the dealer anyways, tell them the screw fell out and i would imagine they would cover it.
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

No-one EVER wants to lose this screw. I went to the dealership to replace it. It's not covered under warranty. Now everyone go and hold the screw that I'm talking about in your'e hand and imagine paying $15.00 Canadian plus tax for it.

Comment

Re: the screw that holds the automatic shift knob down

Originally posted by MONTERACER
              Originally posted by xr50tim

please help me...
              Just curious, but did the aftermarket shifter not fit?
              No, it fits but when I have it on I can't take my key out of the ignition unless I take the shifter off.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                any pics of the aftermarket shifter?
                This is gonna to sound stupid but, how do I post pics right in this reply?

I have pics stored on my computer I just need to know how to load them in to this reply.

Comment

How-to for uploading pics

Right here
                  Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

i'm pretty sure the warranty doesn't cover senior moments or early onset senility.
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

There is an Ace Nut and Screw store just down the road from here.
                      I can swing by and see if they have it. They are usually less than 15 cents.

The bolts for my downpipes to the manifold ran about 75 cents each in stainless. :P
                      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Working...
                      X