question about rear camber...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about rear camber...

I was wondering something. I have a friend who could possibly machine up some rear camber kits for the lowered G6 cars. I know its not much but a bolt nut washer and clip lol per-se but i was wondering, would anybody else be interested in getting some??? I know the market for these are in pretty high demand yet no one is making them, and I passed this along to him (because he machines things up and sells them to make extra cash and has done so for some years) but he doesnt want to do this unless he knows people are actually interested in buying them. So im wondering would anybody else be interested in getting a set of aftermarket camber kits made for the car? my car would be the test car (idk, how the 4 dr. rear cambers are set up...) and the fit car (still have to buy the finished product though lol) but i wanted to inquire and inform you guys as well.

I may be interested, pending the fit on the test vehicle.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

I would suggest having a set made up for your car, installed and take lots of before and after pictures. That could help draw more of an interest.
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
        I may be interested, pending the fit on the test vehicle.

what do you mean pending the fit??

Comment

he means pending the fit

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
            I would suggest having a set made up for your car, installed and take lots of before and after pictures. That could help draw more of an interest.
            how am i going to take pics of before an after, do you mean just the hardware?? because thats all that will be noticeable if your under the car and looking for it...

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
              he means pending the fit

yeah i get that but that doesnt make sense to me cause its a camber kit...theres only going to be one fit lol

Comment

im thinking he wants to make sure it fits perfectly

Comment

oh well um....i dont think anything would be sold by this dude if it werent a good fit, he is a perfectionist lol. but again its a camber kit in case anyone was trying to figure my rambling out in the first post lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
                    oh well um....i dont think anything would be sold by this dude if it werent a good fit, he is a perfectionist lol. but again its a camber kit in case anyone was trying to figure my rambling out in the first post lol.
                    The reason the fit concerns me is because , the rear suspension do not have struts and is alleged to be non-adjustable.
                    Forge Motorsports BPV
                    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

The purpose of these are to take the negative camber out of your rear wheels, correct? Visually you should able to see a difference between (before installation) and (after installation). Take pics of how the car (rear end wheels) sit prior to install and then after install. Right?
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
                        The reason the fit concerns me is because , the rear suspension do not have struts and is alleged to be non-adjustable.
                        Forge Motorsports BPV
                        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

saweet, howd i split a double post?

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                            quote]The reason the fit concerns me is because , the rear suspension do not have struts and is alleged to be non-adjustable.

i read that somewhere too and thats what i thought but whenever i took and got my car alligned there is a type of a camber kit (or at least there is on mine lol and my car was just made weird) and it was adjustable...so i think im going to take the words of 3 different mechanics and my own eyes *shrug*

Originally posted by Toyz
                            The purpose of these are to take the negative camber out of your rear wheels, correct? Visually you should able to see a difference between (before installation) and (after installation). Take pics of how the car (rear end wheels) sit prior to install and then after install. Right?
                            are you talking about where the wheels are bowing out? if so mine arent noticeable so you wouldnt see a visual difference, thats the point i was trying to make.

Comment

looks like there is a little misunderstanding. negative camber, for the sake of visualization, is when the tops of your wheels are tilted in toward the center of the car. i noticed a higher amount of negative camber on my lowered g6 as well. too much camber just wears out your tires faster. he is talking about a camber kit which would allow you to get your rear wheels back close to zero camber (the way they come from the factory).

positive camber is when the tops tilt out...think the old a$$ farm tractors you see where the two front wheels are really close together and tilted away from eachother.

Comment

Working...
                              X