Part Number for Door Stickers/Decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Number for Door Stickers/Decals

I'm missing the sticker on the drivers side door that gives the GVWR ratings, etc....is there a way to get that sticker? I guess after thinking about it, it would be specific to the car (since it usually has the VIN on it also). Any ideas??

-Anthony
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Look in the glove box...

Comment

There's no sticker in the glovebox either...it looks like it had been removed or something. The one from the inside of the door looks like it had been removed too. This car should have had it cause I saw another exactly the same and it had both stickers.
      2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

It might also be where your spare tire is... look under the tire, and possibly under the tire cover (the card board thing). Good luck... mine was in the glove box... you may also want to get ahold of the dealer where you bought it from and see if they have a replacement... not sure they will though.

Comment

Hang on a second... you are talking about the sticker that has the weight of the car... and the VIN right?? Not the one that has the paint codes, and other crap on it?

Comment

There should be two.....(actually 3)....

1. Inside of the door near the latch that hast he GVWR, VIN, etc., its just white and shows where it was manufactured as well. (sometimes there is another sticker also, a round one that comes from the manufacturing plant and shows the name of the plant).

2. In the door sill, which has the tire size and ratings (as well as probably other ratings as well), its blue and has a picture of a tire on it.

3. Glovebox, this has the list of RPOs (options, paint codes, etc) and has the VIN.

The deal is, my car is missing numbers 1 and 3....it looks like they were removed because I can still see the outline of the sticker where it used to be.

I just bought a carfax, and no the car wasnt salvaged or junk...but it was a rental I guess (didnt know GTPs were rentals....)....

Comment

Maybe a GM dealer could get one for you, based on the VIN?

Comment

decal

Quick 6 you have to go to the dealership with the VIN #. GM will only allow the dealers to order these for current year cars so if your is an '06 your out of luck

Comment

Piece of crap..........k gonna have a talk w/ them....GRRR

Comment

has your car been hit or something? it shouldent be missing! I had a door replaced on a car once after an acident and they did not replace the sticker. take a good look at your door dude!
                    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

They tear those and the nadar stickers off when they do VIN switches
                      on stolen cars or when they use stolen parts on cars that have been
                      wrecked.

I would contact your states title division and do a title history search.
                      Then you can research it to find out what happened.

Those carfax things only hit up on totals or salvage. I bought a car once that was totaled and fixed by the dealer who sold it to me. They didnt disclose this and when I found out a year later I made them buy it back from me
                      for the same price they sold it to me for.
                      I had them nailed if I filed suit and they knew it. If they know that then they have to disclose it. anyway...sorry for my story.

But I would research it cause that is very suspicious.
                      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Well my girlfriend's dad buys auction cars alot...so he was curious when I showed him my bumper looked like it had been repainted. We took it to the shop he goes through, and find out...the whole passenger side of the car had been repainted, and the bumper repainted/fixed but not very well. The paint job was crap because the clear was actually peeling!!

The door that is missing the sticker doesnt look like it was repainted though...but could have been swapped.

I scheduled an appointment for my dad and I to talk to the dealer and see what the fuck is up....I REALLY love this car....but for the price I paid, it shouldnt have been wrecked/rebuilt (if it is). I'll have them buy the shit back!

-Anthony

Comment

Working...
                        X