Seatbelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seatbelts

I had a sedan and just bought coupe. I noticed on my passengers side seatbelt that there is a seam right in the middle of the belt. It seems to me to be some what of a safety concern. The seam stops it from moving up and down smoothly. I was just wondering if all coupes where like this or is it just mine.

Do you mean a section with a whole bunch of stitching? My passenger seat has that too, I've wondered about that before. I've noticed that the seat belt sometimes will not be tight enough because of that seam.

Funny things you notice when you're drunk.

Comment

From what I can see, that seam keeps the buckle from travelling all the way to the floor.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

If you are talking about what looks like a "flap" It is designed for cars with airbag off switches to work correctly.
        2007 G6 L4
        2003 Trailblazer EXT LT V8
        2000 Corvette Coupe

Comment

hmm I can't say I've ever noticed anything
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by screw991le
            If you are talking about what looks like a "flap" It is designed for cars with airbag off switches to work correctly.
            Uh, there isn't a flap on the seatbelt. The seat detects a passenger and enables the airbag.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Yes I know the seat senses the passenger's weight.

Look it up
              2007 G6 L4
              2003 Trailblazer EXT LT V8
              2000 Corvette Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by screw991le
                Yes I know the seat senses the passenger's weight.

Look it up
                What exactly am I looking up?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks I know that the seats detect to turn the airbags on, but why would they need to put the seam for the belt right in the middle. My drivers side isn't like that. I just thing it's a little bit of a safety hazard. When skinny people sit in my car the belt doesn't fit ans secure them in right.

Comment

Wasn't there a recall or TSB on the seatbelts for this? I think I remember reading that somewhere quite a while ago but I can't remember where.

Comment

Do you mean the extra stitching on the passenger side belt, right above the little button stopper thing that keeps the latch plate from sliding all the way down? My Aura has it as well, so do the Malibus. Best we could figure out on Saturnfans.com was that it might be there to keep the seatbelt from hitting the side of the pillar and seat when no one is wearing it and making noise. Since someone is always in the driver's seat, and theoretically buckled up, it's not needed there. Don't know if that's the real reason though.

Originally posted by bbk87
                      Thanks I know that the seats detect to turn the airbags on, but why would they need to put the seam for the belt right in the middle. My drivers side isn't like that. I just thing it's a little bit of a safety hazard. When skinny people sit in my car the belt doesn't fit ans secure them in right.

Comment

Working...
                      X