hopefully future mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hopefully future mods

this is kind of a multi-area kind of post, but i figured i'd just go with performance. i love this forum and website by the way. you guys make it great!! so i got my g6 about two months ago now and right now i dont have any money to do anything b/c im a broke college student haha. but in the future, next couple of months i wanted to get started on my mods. heres what im thinking so far

1. 20% tint, all around
    2. injen cold air intake
    3. eibach lowering springs - 1.2"
    4. chrome exhaust tip
    5. replacement speakers (im afraid i might blow these speakers out).. also i waant crisper sound, ( didnt get the monsoon. one thing i regret.) ... i wish i could change the headunit but i dont wanna get rid of the DIC. i saw a conversion kit somewhere, but it ran around $200.
    6. duplicolor painted calipers
    7. headlight/tailight covers

that's all i got so far. hehe cant wait till i get some money to start this projectt!! hopefully it wont take more than a year
    ::Black 06V6G6::..more to come.

Get the Doctor Speed intake (heard problems about the injen one)
    I think you can get the fitting kit alot cheaper on Ebay, a couple people have gotten it!!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

mods look good, get the tint done first off-don't know about you but I can't stand driving around without tint on the windows.

As for the intake definitely go with the Doctor Speed intake-I have it and love the hell out of it!! Not to mention it comes with a $65 K&N cone filter!
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

dr. speed improvements?

Since Dr. Speed seems to be the popular one I'll most likely go with that one. Any stats on how much horsepower it adds? And isn't the intake supposed to add some degree of a better gas mileage as well??
        ::Black 06V6G6::..more to come.

Comment

Generally aftermarket intakes decrease MPG but its not by much-probably wouldn't even notice. As for the HP gains there haven't been any dyno graphs done on either the stock trims of the trims with the CAI.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

You're looking at small gains with the intake. It's basically a stepping stone for when other products are released, like headers, exhaust, etc. It's the first thing you should get done performance-wise.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

nice sounding mods, i have a lot of similar interest in the mods i want to do as well.. 20% tint, new headunit, air ride, new rims...
              2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Working...
              X