bolt-on exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bolt-on exhaust?

Hey guys I was wondering if the bolt-on exhaust was any good? I mean i know its a lot cheaper, look at the ones I found online : http://www.qualitysmart.com/products/ca ... nsions.htm

Let me know if anybody has any tips, or any better websites for these things.
    ::Black 06V6G6::..more to come.

I had one of these on my CRX winter beater... it worked alright for its purpose. I've thought about getting one as well to get rid of the stock pipe at the valance!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

The problem with a bolt-on tip though, is that it's hard to find one that will actually bolt over the stock tip. Most of them are too small. I'm not sure about the GTs, but the GTPs tip diameter is around 2.75" I believe, and most tips' openings are 2.25"-2.5". So in essence, you'd need to cut the stock tip off. And if you're gonna do that, you might as well have a shop weld a new one on.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

^^very much agree, not to mention the screw type points that the bolt on tips use are generally crap and don't hold the tip on straight or tight at all.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

well not really too worried about it staying on, because if it seems loose theres always more than one way of making it tighter ... as for the opening on the v6 and gt model, i was under the impression that they are anywhere from 2.3-2.6 inches, so if i find one liek that i will most likely go for it. there was a better website im having a tough time finding it tho, wen i find it i'll def. post it.
          ::Black 06V6G6::..more to come.

Comment

If you get them on post pics for sure, I hope to get mine to the shop here soon to have my stock muffler taken out and just have pipe ran from the stock pipe to dual outlets-after buying the GTP lower valance of course.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
            X