private party sale of g6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• private party sale of g6

I just looked my car up on Kelley blue book. It says that in excellent condition (I consider my car in excellent condition based on their description), it is worth $18,235 selling it or buying it private party. I'm looking into getting a GTO and wasn't sure if a trade-in would be my best option or trying to sell it myself would be. Any thoughts? Does 18K sound like too much or too little? I'm not absolutely sure what I'm doing...just weighing my options.

Re: private party sale of g6

Originally posted by noRulez
    I just looked my car up on Kelley blue book. It says that in excellent condition (I consider my car in excellent condition based on their description), it is worth $18,235 selling it or buying it private party. I'm looking into getting a GTO and wasn't sure if a trade-in would be my best option or trying to sell it myself would be. Any thoughts? Does 18K sound like too much or too little? I'm not absolutely sure what I'm doing...just weighing my options.
    Are you sure the condition is EXCELLENT. According to KBB, less than 5% of vehicles are considered EXCELENT. What model G6 do you have? Is your car payed off?
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Re: private party sale of g6

Originally posted by Kman
      Are you sure the condition is EXCELLENT. According to KBB, less than 5% of vehicles are considered EXCELENT. What model G6 do you have? Is your car payed off?
      It's a 2006 G6 GT-sedan (14,000 miles). Here is their description of good and excellent. If these are true, then mine should definitely fit in the excellent category. Maybe I need to read up more on that but those are their descriptions and my car does fit into that description.

Excellent

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.
      Good

"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Comment

Ok, I just checked and the difference between good and excellent is only about a grand anyway, so it's fairly negligible. We'll assume it's in good condition then. I'm just trying to figure out what I should sell it for if I were to sell it locally by myself.

Comment

I looked up my car a couple of months ago and it wasn't worth that much, even in EXCELLENT condition. My car has 13,800 miles now.
          Forge Motorsports BPV
          CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
          HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Problem with the 3500 G6s, there such a flood of them on the market, GTs/V6s trims that even if your value was that high if you do a trade in theres a chance they may only offer you around 12-ish. I remember one or two other memebers complaining about that in anther thread. Belive it was an 06 GT with less then 12K loaded and all he got offered was 12 and he paid 23K ish
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

My car has 14K on it so I don't know why it's listing it as being worth so much for a private party sale. Don't you have the 6-speed gtp kman? Yours being a coupe should increase the value as well. Now I'm just confused but it sounds like I should just stick it out at this point and pay it off. I've only paid about 14K on the car, so if I didn't get anything over that, it wouldn't be worth it at all.

Comment

If my car was a 2006, it'd have a private value just under $20k, and it's in top shape. So don't feel too bad, the difference isn't that major.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                - DS S3 Intake
                - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Sell the car privately. Unless you want to go into a GTO upside down to start.
                  G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                  Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                  Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                  20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                    If my car was a 2006, it'd have a private value just under $20k, and it's in top shape.
                    I seriously doubt that.
                    Forge Motorsports BPV
                    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                      Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                      If my car was a 2006, it'd have a private value just under $20k, and it's in top shape.
                      I seriously doubt that.
                      $19,500ish, according to kbb when loaded out and garage-kept for excellent condition. The GTPs haven't dropped as fast as I thought they would.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                      - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                      - DS S3 Intake
                      - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

My car has 14K on it so I don't know why it's listing it as being worth so much for a private party sale. Don't you have the 6-speed gtp kman? Yours being a coupe should increase the value as well. Now I'm just confused but it sounds like I should just stick it out at this point and pay it off. I've only paid about 14K on the car, so if I didn't get anything over that, it wouldn't be worth it at all.
                        Yes, I have the 6MT. Even if you trade it in, you would not have negative equity. It may be worth investigating.
                        Forge Motorsports BPV
                        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                          Sell the car privately. Unless you want to go into a GTO upside down to start.
                          I was lucky enough that i got a hell of a deal and pulled myself out of a bad situation with the g6 and into a much better owe to worth ratio in the GTO. But i also bought 9 cars of the same guy
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

a 06 gtp in Canadian funny money extra clean barely books out 18K. There's no way they're worth that much in the states. My Gt books at a hgair over $15K, 60% depreciation in 11 months. These cars are everywhere.
                            BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                            ^ The Man
                            v The Legend

Comment

ok my 06 GT even in excellent condition is only worth $17,540

I'm so glad I still owe a little over 25k on my damn car, then again I went into the deal with 6,000 of negative equity.
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X