Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty feature discovery...

Did you know...

If you are in motion, and have your turn signal on for 3/4 mile or more, a chime will ring in sync with the flasher relay to remind you the signal is on!

Pretty damn cool. I discovered this flipping through the service manual last night, and tested it today, and it does happen.

It of course, does not apply, if you are stopped.
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

I can attest you can drive like this on the interstate for miles!
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
      I can attest you can drive like this on the interstate for miles!
      hahahahaha
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

thats pretty cool!

I see them oldER people driving for miles on the highway, its funny, but annoying!

fish wtf is in your sig?
        2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
        Black/Black coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jerrodmann
          thats pretty cool!

I see them old people driving for miles on the highway, iuts funny, but annoying!

fish wtf is in your sig?
          Hey! Watch it with the old comments.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I like how the turn signal clicker is a soft click in our cars, instead of the loud CLACK-CLACK like in the Grand Am.

I can see how the dinger would be a nice feature, since sometimes it's hard to hear the clicker.

Comment

Re: Nifty feature discovery...

Originally posted by ragingfish
              Did you know...

If you are in motion, and have your turn signal on for 3/4 mile or more, a chime will ring in sync with the flasher relay to remind you the signal is on!

Pretty damn cool. I discovered this flipping through the service manual last night, and tested it today, and it does happen.

It of course, does not apply, if you are stopped.
              Easily Amused.
              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I found out something.... if your going more then like 2 mph you can't open your trunk... I only found out because I was pulling into my uncles driveway (which is like a street) so I thought Ehhh I'll pop the trunk so its done and nope not untill I came to a stop haha
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I wouldn't here it anyway unless it's loud because I have the music loud. Same goes for the seatbelt one

Comment

Hmm cool didn't know that, still something I didn't know over a year of having it

Sadly it won't stop the stupid people from doing that on the highway.

Comment

interesting
                      BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by jerrodmann
                        fish wtf is in your sig?
                        it's the aflac duck.
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by simplyred
                          I found out something.... if your going more then like 2 mph you can't open your trunk... I only found out because I was pulling into my uncles driveway (which is like a street) so I thought Ehhh I'll pop the trunk so its done and nope not untill I came to a stop haha
                          That actually varies by model year. For 2007 model year when the ignition is on for an auto transmission you have to be in PARK to open trunk.

There were too many complaints with original set-up especially on coupe/convertible due to location of trunk release switch about inadvertent activation.

Comment

the trunk thing....im pretty sure it won't open until the car is in park...so you can't be moving at all
                            2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
                            Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
                            Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
                            Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

Originally posted by xxbrandonxx
                              the trunk thing....im pretty sure it won't open until the car is in park...so you can't be moving at all
                              See my post above :P

Comment

Working...
                              X