Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 GTP / 97 ~ 03 GP GTP / 05~06 GP GT

Hi all
    How do you compare the 1/4 mile performace of G6 GTP 6 speed with 97 ~ 03 GP GTP and 05~06 GP GT?
    Hardy
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

The 1/4 mile for the G6 GTP and the Grand Prix GTPs is about the same. Low-15s to high 14s. The car's weigh about the same, and have the same horspower. However, remember that the GPs had over 280ft-lb torque, and they were only available in automatics. So an automatic GP GTP might be able to outrun an automatic GTP, but may have trouble passing a manual G6 GTP.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

depending on the driver of the 6speed of course
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

^ werd
        -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

you know.. I would have rather the GTP been a supercharged 3.8, mainly because it doesnt take much to turn up some crazy hp gains. Had it been a 6 speed supercharged, I think GM would have been amazed with the sales jump at it's release!

Comment

i agree, or at least have kept the damn DOHC V6 that was planned for the GXP version. that would have been cool. now we are probably gonna have to shell out close to $5k to get a s/c when they finally come out for the 3.9

Comment

Yea. The thing that sucks for us GTP owners, is that there could possibly be GT owners making about 280hp with the supercharger for the 3.5, whose price is about the difference between that of the GT and GTP
              -Mike #1

Comment

to be honest, I was all ready to order it.. untill it jumped up about $1,500 haha... my buddy wants to look at my car and see if he can work something out for a turbo, we call him the mad scientist so who knows.. thats a long ways down the road!

Comment

yeah but we will be making over 310hp with as little as a 30% gain when we finally get a chance to boost these things. that is more than the V8 powered GP GXP makes stock and i would expect well over a 30% gain, that is just for example. now that would be fun

Comment

to be honest, I was all ready to order it.. untill it jumped up about $1,500 haha... my buddy wants to look at my car and see if he can work something out for a turbo, we call him the mad scientist so who knows.. thats a long ways down the road!
                    a custom turbo setup would be killer. the only two real roadblocks are getting custom exhaust manifolds and then the CPU tune. that would make for a killer ride though

Comment

yeah I know... his dad owns a machine shop sooooooo who knows lol his grand sport or whatever it is (I cant remember) is crazy insaine!

Comment

another option would be doing a Squires-like remote mount. a lot of people are against them, but they get results and the people who actually own one of their kits seems to like it. it would help keep the engine bay less cluttered and heat is less of an issue.

Comment

you know.. I would have rather the GTP been a supercharged 3.8, mainly because it doesnt take much to turn up some crazy hp gains. Had it been a 6 speed supercharged, I think GM would have been amazed with the sales jump at it's release!
                          If GP GT could be equipped with a 6-speed auto/manual or even a 5-speed auto/manual, I will still choose GP without hesitation.

If engine is already supercharged, it has great potential to tune the performance. Look at http://www.clubgp.com you can find quite a lot of guys with pretty awsome 1/4 mile time with the out-dated 4 speed.

Another thing I really like is HUD (Head Up Display) feature available in GP.
                          Hardy
                          1997 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I am going to miss my HUD... it is a HUGE selling point to me. I have a 04 GT2 with a NA 3800 III and it has a lot of get up and go. I did a FWI (fenderwell intake) and it sounds great and the gain is noticeable over stock.

I wonder if a GP Hud could be installed in a G6... the GM bus may be similar enough, though I doubt it is common enough to put the time in.
                            GNNR

Comment

what's the fastest anybody's gotten the gtp coupe up to? i heard 140mph is the max. but car and driver estimated 130. i got it up to 120 the other day but then had to slow down bc of traffic. i was amazed at how much torque i had til i hit 120, then it died off.
                              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Working...
                              X