This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plugs?

did a search couldn't find anything on it. well i'm coming up on 40,000mi and i was wondering when i should change them, and which ones actually give me more of a performance gain. any ideas would be appreciated. :warped:

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

i have always been told to use delco plugs in GM engines. i wouldn't bother with any of those gimiky 4 tip plugs either but that may just be me.

Comment

The stock ones will give you the best performance, they are good plugs. And you shouldn't even be close to having to replace those yet. They are iridium tipped and have a very long life.

Comment

From my experiance most GM cars are now comming with Platinum (not like a +4) plug. Also been told and read that we shouldnt need to change our plugs till 100,000mi tho Im sure it differs by car.
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

cool thanks guys for your input

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
          Originally posted by ahuhn
          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

My 2cents

Yes, our plugs are 100K plugs but in my experences esp with the vortech engines, I would change the plugs around 80-85K. I had a few times at my job when we went 90K 2 trucks had to get towed because they wouldnt start, come to find out just need a tune up. Granted though they are 2001s and they still have distributors and that was the main cause. My best friends Saturn is a 02 L200 with the 2.0 or 2.2, forget, he only got 50K and had to just chang the plugs..... some how his plugs got screwed up and was getting horible MPG, like 18 on a 4cly, I changed them and went back to 25 MPG-ish
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Working...
            X