2007 trunk shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 trunk shocks

i'm having a problem with my trunk shock,when i hit the release the trunk does not open.the dealer said this normal .where can i order some stronger shocks that will do the job,thanks [/url]

it doesn't do anything? or it doesn't blast it all the way open?

the button just unlatches it, you have to lift it

and Welcome!
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

yes i have to lift it everytime

Comment

You should change the topic name. I was like this shouldn't be in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalcoreG6
          You should change the topic name. I was like this shouldn't be in this thread.
          x2

but yeah, the dealer, in this case, is right... that is normal
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Our trunks are not designed for what you want. The only way to achieve that is to use linear actuators with a ton of custom work.

Welcome...
            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

sorry i should have posted under new member

Comment

Well no I think they mean like the troubleshooting section, new member area is entirely different. This is waay closer than that.

Yeah you have to start lifting it, that is how it was designed.

Comment

Actually all I was talking about was the other cars/trucks thread, but that was only because of the topic name. Then I read it was for the trunk and oooohhhh. It's switched now though.

Comment

Ah well just me then.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if the trunk slowly came all the way open though when you hit the button
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Well I don't know if it is the norm...but mine only unlatches...have to do all the lifting ourselves...and it is one heavy trunk lid....probably to do with being a vert and the trunk has all the power things attached though.

You can almost not tell the trunk is open when you pop the trunk - mind you the other cars I have had only unlatched and opened slightly.

I agree with Lojac though...would be really nice if the trunk would open slowly when you pressed the button.

Comment

it is normal...it only pops the latch

Comment

Yup, still have to lift it. Funny thing is the trunk on my Grand Am would usually pop all the way open on its own. But that car didn't have the shocks - it had the old school hinges that mashed stuff in the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by ratskat
                              Well I don't know if it is the norm...but mine only unlatches...have to do all the lifting ourselves...and it is one heavy trunk lid....probably to do with being a vert and the trunk has all the power things attached though.

You can almost not tell the trunk is open when you pop the trunk - mind you the other cars I have had only unlatched and opened slightly.

I agree with Lojac though...would be really nice if the trunk would open slowly when you pressed the button.
                              I find this in my sedan as well.
                              It doesn't "pop" it like other cars, just unlatches like others have said in this thread.
                              I would have liked if it poped a little to make it easier to physically open.
                              07 White G6 GTP Sedan
                              OPGClub

Comment

Working...
                              X