Good time at the dealership: NOT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good time at the dealership: NOT!

I took my car in today because my sunroof was leaking, as well as for a few other issues that I needed addressed.

The sunroof is leaking, they claim, because of the aftermarket wind deflector that I have installed on the top. I actually went to the dealership and told them to show me how and he pointed out that the mounting brackets are causing the leak. Anyway, I asked the guy how a Genuine GM Accessory would have such a design flaw and I got told that it wasn't a GM part, and that they would take no responsibility for it.

Oh, he claims that they performed the recall repair on the sunroof while it was in. Uh, maybe that's the reason that it was leaking?!?

I let that drop for the moment, because there was one other issue that I wanted dealt with, which they were refusing to deal with. My car makes a loud clacking sound whenever it bounces around on the engine mounts. So this'll happen in first/second gear when coasting, or whenever I disengage/reengage the clutch. They refused to fix it because of the aftermarket accessories that I have installed under the hood. Those accessories being: Aftermarket stereo 4 gauge power wire, and a DoctorSpeed Stage 4 intake.

He said the intake was loose, so I very pointedly made an effort to move it around, and the only flex that it gave was what the engine needs it to do. He then pointed out that I have a zip tie on my AC line, and how that isn't supposed to be there. After that he tried to blame my radiator hose, which is under the intake, because it is sitting somewhere where it shouldn't be sitting, even though I never touched it. After all of that, he pointed to my power wire for the stereo and tried to blame that.

Anyway, I ended up fighting with the guy over the leaking sunroof, because of the fact that the visor IS a GM accessory, and it was installed by the dealership prior to me taking delivery of the car. It cost me $212 to have it installed, and there is no way in hell I'm going to let them try to tell me that it's my fault. He argued that it was my fault because I asked them to install it. How FUCKING STUPID can this guy get?!?

At that point I demanded my keys and they guy proceeded to open my trunk so that he could show me the deflector, I told him to get away from my car and I demanded the keys. He kept trying to argue with me, so I grabbed the deflector from him and threw it back in the trunk and then I slammed the trunk only to discover that the asshole had used the key to open the trunk, and left it in the key hole. I grabbed the key and he kept trying to argue with me and I told him to get the fuck away from me. (This was so that I didn't punch him in the face)

Anyway, I told him to stop talking to me, and get away from me. I then calmed down a little bit and grabbed the deflector out of the trunk and proceeded to the new car sales area so that I could speak with a manager there. I was fuming and the stupid desk clerk was ignoring me. Thankfully the guy that sold me the car came by my side and asked if there was something wrong. After explaining the situation to him, he went and got the new car manager who pulled my file and came to speak to me.

They have agreed to refund the money that I spent on it. It was $212. The reason that I spent that kind of coin for it was that I wanted to be sure that I wasn't going to have any trouble with it. That'll be the last time I have the dealership install an accessory.

The stupid service advisor thought that he needed to get involved in our conversation and again tried to continue arguing with me. I pointed at him and put my index finger in his face and told him to shut up and stop talking to me.

Anyway, I'm thinking that this guy isn't going to be getting 10's on the survey that GM is going to send me.

On a sad note, I'm now going to have to remove my stage 4 intake so that I can force them to repair the noise coming out of my engine bay. I'm not at all happy about this.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

I don't think I would go back to that dealer again after I removed my intake!
    2007 G6 GTP

Comment

Be sure to let me know the exact diagnosis... I am very interested in this noise!
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Oh ya, I forgot the best part of this story, which is the whole reason that I'm taking the car back to them.

The guy that sold me the car is a great guy, and has always been completely honest with me.

His words to me: "Do me a favour. Never bring your car to Tony, he's a fucking idiot. We get way too many complaints about him."

"He's gone at the end of August when Nadine comes back from maternity leave. I can't wait. I hate that guy."

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Story of so many dealerships. Great sales staff, shitty service departments.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
            Story of so many dealerships. Great sales staff, shitty service departments.
            And the stupid thing is, they make the vast majority of their money on service. You'd think that keeping the customer happy in that department would be a priority?

sigpic

Comment

You'd think, but people are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                You'd think, but people are stupid.
                sad but very very true!
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

wow

that's fucked up

but hilarious
                  Originally posted by TLS2000
                  Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                  GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

sorry i cant even read all that u typed...too much for me
                    2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
                    Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
                    Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
                    Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

Originally posted by xxbrandonxx

Sorry Tom, sounds like you had to deal with a typical stealership...
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz

That's the funny part. I don't blame the dealership. I blame the retarded service advisor.

sigpic

Comment

So you still have to take all your aftermarket crap off the car. That Magnusson-whatever Act crap is BS. Too much of a hassle to get the dealership to touch the car. Sorry man.
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

id be calling the pontiac cust. service center over that.

that guy obviously needs some janitor duty
                            -Lucy-
                            2006 Silver Gt Coupe
                            3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
                            sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                              Originally posted by Toyz

That's the funny part. I don't blame the dealership. I blame the retarded service advisor.
                              Sorry to hear you are having to go through all that crap. I want to make sure I never have my car serviced there...which dealership is it? Msg me if you don't want it posted in public.

Do all modifications void warranties? Makes me have a second think about doing any.

I bought my car at Richmond Hill Pontiac and so far (knock on wood) they have been super great. Mind you the only two things I have brought my car in for are 1: leather cut/rip/tear - which they repaired at no cost under warranty and 2: oil change this week...which they did quickly and efficiently and even washed my car for me.

The service person I see is super great - her name is Carmela - I would suggest her to anyone going to Richmond Hill Pontiac. Plus guys she is hot lol - so glad us women don't have a phobia about saying that like guys have about admitting another guy is good looking

Comment

Working...
                              X