Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic Hood Bra

Just to let people know...

You can get a bra for the hood of the G6 that is a magnetic sheet that protects the hood from stones. I just got mine and I'm waiting for a warm day to install it. I may have to do it in the garage after I heat it.
    Not only does it protect the hood but it looks darn good!
    Check it out.

Jay

http://www.magnetbra.com
    Picture of a G6 with bra:
    http://www.magnetbra.com/G6.html
    Jay
    '06-G6-V6

Not bad... cost is 44.95 (+9.95 S/H)

2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Magnetic Bra Photo

Here's my car with the Black Magnetic Bra on Granite Metallic car

Jay
      '06-G6-V6

Comment

I think it looks goods (esp. on the darker color car). Much cleaner looking than the traditional material that sticks up (and never fits just right!)
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

They also have the clear vinyl protectors that cover the majority of the entire front of the car for cheaper than that.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I was looking for a picture of the magnetic car bra on a granite metallic G6, I'm going to order mine today. Just another question, were you guys buying them through Ebay from a seller-monsoon.rhl? If not where else were you buying them? Thanks for the info.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

That looks pretty good, you probably wouldn't even see it on a black car. Maybe just a little difference in the color on the front of the hood, but not much.

Mike
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                Just another question, were you guys buying them through Ebay from a seller-monsoon.rhl? If not where else were you buying them? Thanks for the info.
                I ordered mine from the website listed above http:\\www.magnetbra.com
                Jay
                '06-G6-V6

Comment

yeah I did look at their site, I'll probably buy it from Ebay since its about $10 cheaper which will pay for shipping, plus I'll be getting feedback!! I'm an ebay whore along with whoring these forums, lol.

Comment

thats awesome, nice find! I am going to have to get that, ive noticed tiny specs already.
                    jeff
                    05 G6 GT:front air splitter, "speed limiter" removed. Red halo fog lights. fab'd short ram intake(the 1st). first ever side exhaust G6 =) de-badged, removed and filled f.bumper pontiac symbol (another 1st)
                    90 bmw 535i :turbo, exhaust, intake, a lot...
                    1988 mitsubishi starion esi-r (just bought)
                    F/A-22 raptor crewchief USAF

Comment

I just ordered my magnetic car bra tonight off ebay, just a tiny bit cheaper than the website. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'd say I would post pics but I have a granite metallic coupe so it would look just like jayco's car. I'm excited to get it though before the paint get chipped!!

Comment

The instructions say to bend the bra under the sides of the hood but it looks like the two cars above just moved the bra further up the hood instead of having it with the edge of the hood?? I'm wondering how you to put on the bra, I've been messing with mine and I'm not sure to just move the bra up further on hood or try using the trim that came with it. Tell me what you all think?

Comment

Installation

You need to place the edge of the bra material as close to the edge of the hood as possible without going over except for the left and right ends which will overlap the hood (slightly...maybe by 1/2 inch). You will never get it exact but after a few attempts you can get it pretty close. You then bend the overlapped sides under the hood (but make sure you have a warm day of have heated the bra. I used a hair drier). You then push on the edging over the bra and hood. The ends are a bit harder because you have 2 layers on bra material to pinch with the edging. It should be all there in the directions.

Good luck!
                          Jay
                          '06-G6-V6

Comment

Thanks for the info, it makes so much more sense now-also do you use the trim that came with the kit because I think it looks horrible. They said something about the bra flying off at high speeds?

Comment

The trim is what I'm calling the edging and without it the bra will definitely come off at high speeds. I would advise against not using it!
                              Jay
                              '06-G6-V6

Comment

Working...
                              X