X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick q from a noob

Hi all

I am new here, just got a 2005 G6 sedan. I am coming from a being a member of J-Body, I had a cav for the longest time and decided to trade it for a G6.

My first question for you guys is that the car is still under warantee but doesn't have an extended warantee, I can however purchase the extended if I choose. The rep at GM told me to shop around as rates will vary from dealer to dealer, has anyone purchased this and if so would you mind letting me know what these things sell for before I start to shop around.

My opinion ... don't bother with the extended warranty, they only cover certain things and can screw you big time for all that money you pay for it. not worth it at all.

I am a former J car owner as well 98 SFGT here all kitted and one of 3 with Independent Rear Suspension ... the 6er is a great upgrade .

sigpic

Comment

yes i paid $1500 to extend my warranty to 100K

Comment

I paid $1200 to extend it with the GMPP to 100k

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I would recommend getting it, it's a small amount to pay for what you get IMO. I think I paid $1500 for 100K/5Y small amount to pay like I said.

Comment

let me re-phrase ... if you plan on modding your car, keep the money for mods. If you plan on keeping it stock, seriously consider it. When you mod your car you will void portions of your warranty so really there wouldn't be much point in spending the money on the warranty ... my $0.02
            sigpic

Comment

How many of you will actually own & drive the car for 100k miles? If so, what repairs do you expect to encounter in that time that would cost $1500?

I'm curious.
              2006 G6 GTP Coupe
              :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
              :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
              :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                I paid $1200 to extend it with the GMPP to 100k
                Is that all? What is the warranty limited to?
                2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
                  How many of you will actually own & drive the car for 100k miles? If so, what repairs do you expect to encounter in that time that would cost $1500?

I'm curious.
                  100,000 kms, smart guy. It's just over 60k miles. Anyway, my Grand Am needed a $1200 repair job at the 70,000kms mark, so I consider this a good investment.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I didn't get the extended warranty on either car. I doubt I will have the G6 for 100,000 km. The G5 already came with a 5 year, 100K powertrain warranty, so I wasn't going to spend $1,700 to cover the rest of the car for 2 years.

I figure, if something goes on the car that costs that much, just pay the money when it goes. If it doesn't go, you're better off.

Comment

just saying welcome

Comment

shit I paid 1,200 for the extended warranty to only 60k before all this 100K bullshit
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Thanks for all your input guys, I guess it will be food for taught since I have app. 1 year to buy this. Should the car be in the shop often I would probably get the ext. if not well I will take my chances.

The small problem here is that I got the car second hand so it still gives me a year to get to know it, hopefully I don't get to know the local GM dealer to well

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                            shit I paid 1,200 for the extended warranty to only 60k before all this 100K bullshit
                            They're talking about kilometers, yours would be miles.

Comment

You'll have to forgive him

Comment

Working...
                              X