Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whitewall (white letter) tires (225/50-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whitewall (white letter) tires (225/50-18)

So, tirerack doesn't exactly have a huge selection of tires that'll fit - just the oem junk.

I'd like tires with white lettering, because, well, I'm sort of a sucker for flashy tires, and I think they'd go nice with my red calipers and the stock wheels.

Never having bought a tire before that wasn't to replace a slashed one on my old hoopty ('03 monte carlo ls that i beat the crap out of :-( ), does anyone know if any of the tires available come in whitewall? I dig that old muscle car / nascar look.

Thanks!

J
    06 G6 GTP Coupe - Auto - Black Outside, Taupe Leather Inside. Dr. Speed Stage 2 intake, duplicolor red calipers, rkvinyl eyelids, hammerhead spoiler (not GXP version)

Comment

you can buy whatever tires u want, then go to autozone and buy DUPLICOLOR HOT TIREZ paint stick and paint the letters yourself. they caome in four colors i think

but IMO

Comment

You could buy those white touch up pens and do that if you like the look.

Comment

I don't think it would look that great, but if it's what you like, go for it!

Comment

Hmmmm, interesting I used to have raised White letter tires on my GP....

John
            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I thought about it last summer, wanted to try it..... bought a dupli-color white tire marker to color in goodyear LS2 and when got partailly done I HATED how it look so had to get break cleaner and strip the paint off. IMO its not as nice as it apears to be. Maybe if the tires came with it but even that, it really doesnt look good on the 6er for some reason.
              2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
              Gotta have it Green color
              Brembo brake package
              420 HP 5.0L
              Ford Racing Power Pack
              GT500 track pack differential cover
              BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

for the love of god dont do it!

Comment

Why would anyone do that in a world?

Comment

I just threw up in my own mouth
                    06 GT Memphis 6x9's in rear Diamond componet up front Diamond 12" subs Alpine/Rockford Fosgate amps
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492567
                    http://www.myspace.com/the_great_m

Comment

Originally posted by the_great_m
                      Well I hope you didn't throw up in someone else's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                        Oh, I dunno, that would certainly be funny.

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                          Originally posted by jnak
                          Oh, I dunno, that would certainly be funny.
                          and certainly damn nasty

Comment

I like raised white letters on trucks, until they get all greezy. Some cars actually look good with them aswell, but i cant give an honest opinion until i see it done. GL
                            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Hmm I have mixed feelings about this. If I had really nice tires I guess it'd be cool to brag a bit with the white letters
                              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                              X