4 cyl question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 cyl question

I noticed almost everyone here has the 6 cyl. I just picked up a new G6 with the 2.4 L engine and so far am loving it. Did anyone else notice that about 2" to the left of the yellow handle for the oil dipstick there is a silver metal tube attached to the same black bracket as the dipstick? Does anyone else have it? Anyone know what it is? It just looks out of place there.

that little tube is where the engine cover attatches if you look at the cover there is a rubber grommet that just snapes over it

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Every Ecotec I see has that tube sticking out for nothing. It's really weird. The engine cover is not attached to it.

Comment

yes it is. the cover attatches to it. unless your thinking of a different tube

the one im ithinking of is about 2 inches eft of the dip stick and has a little ball shape on the end. Andt thats the tube that holds the cover on theres another one on top of the engine too

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

That's the tube but the cover definitely does not attach to it. The tube is a few inches long and is held in place by a black bracket bolted to the engine. The black bracket also holds the dipstick.
          I notice yours is a 06 and mine is a 07. Maybe the engine cover was changed so it no longer connects to the tube and that's why the tube looks out of place now.

Comment

no i have a 6 cylander but i work at a dealer i see enough of them that the cover should attatch to it i do know that they are bent easy so maybe yours is bent

well thinking about is on the cobalt maybe the cover on the g6 is different in wich case the tube may not be for any thing do you have any pictures by any chance

Comment

Originally posted by mikey00
              I notice yours is a 06 and mine is a 07. Maybe the engine cover was changed so it no longer connects to the tube and that's why the tube looks out of place now.
              I have looks at a few 2006s and I haven't found one that has a cover attached to the tube. The tube seemed to be there for no purpose.

Comment

then the tube is probly a left over from the cobalt whose cover DOES attatch to it

Comment

picture?
                  The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

It's beginning to look like it holds the engine cover for some Ecotecs other than the G6.

G6 pic

Comment

yeah on cobalts that tube helps hold on the cover i guess on the G6 they just dont take it off lazy bums

so all in all its worthless

remove and you could get like an extra horse due to weight reduction lol

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
                        yeah on cobalts that tube helps hold on the cover i guess on the G6 they just dont take it off lazy bums

so all in all its worthless

remove and you could get like an extra horse due to weight reduction lol
                        or leave it and put stickers on it or some lights +35 hp right there
                        Originally posted by TLS2000
                        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Comment

Yea, paint V-TEC on it, that's like getting a turbo for free

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                            - DS S3 Intake
                            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

I just removed the engine cover and it is now pretty obvious that the tube in the picture matches the other tubes that hold the engine cover on. Just not the G6 engine cover.

Comment

Working...
                              X