Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY2008 G6 Changes

Deletions

* (AY1) Driver and right-front passenger dual-stage frontal, and head curtain side-impact with Passenger Sensing System
    * (AK5) Driver and right-front passenger dual-stage frontal air bags with Passenger Sensing System
    * (U1C) AM/FM stereo with CD player
    * (C3Y) Power panoramic roof
    * (QWN) P225/50R17 V-rated blackwall touring tires
    * (QGQ) P225/50R18 performance, summer-only blackwall tires
    * (J66) 4-wheel disc brakes
    * (J65) 4-wheel disc brakes with larger front rotors
    * (J67) 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc brakes with Enhanced Traction System (ETS)
    * Exterior color (27U) Crimson Red
    * Exterior color (59U) Granite Metallic
    * Exterior color (91U) Electric Blue Metallic
    * Interior colors (194) and (195) Ebony/Morocco
    * Body-color bodyside moldings are no longer standard on Sedan models

New Features

* Exterior color (13U) Cranberry Metallic
    * Exterior color (37U) Midnight Blue Metallic
    * Exterior color (75U) Dark Steel Gray Metallic (Interim 2007 addition)
    * Exterior color (98U) White Diamond Tricoat (extra cost color)

Changes

* 2ZM69 and 2ZM37 models are now "GXP" and are not available to order at Start of Production (was "GTP" in 2007)
    * (AY0) driver and right-front passenger dual-stage frontal and side-impact, and head curtain side-impact, front and rear outboard seating positions with Passenger Sensing System are now standard on Sedan and Coupe models (was available in 2007)
    * (AJ7) Driver and right-front passenger dual-stage frontal and side-impact air bags with Passenger Sensing System are now standard on 2ZH67 GT Convertible (was available in 2007)
    * (U2K) XM Satellite Radio is now standard on GT models (was available in 2007) (already standard on 'GXP' models)
    * (UE1) OnStar is now standard on all models (was available on GT and GTP Sedan and Coupe models in 2007)
    * (KA1) Heated seats are no longer available on cloth interiors
    * (JL9) 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc brakes with Traction Control are now standard on all models
    * (PCQ) Premium Package now includes front bucket leather-appointed seats (GT), front bucket leather-appointed seats with two-tone leather inserts (GXP), (AG1) 6-way power driver seat adjuster (GT), (KA1) heated driver and front passenger seats, (AP3) Remote vehicle starter system, (AP9) cargo nets, (B37) front and rear carpeted floor mats and (JF4) power-adjustable pedals
    * (PCM) Preferred Package now includes (AP9) cargo nets, (AP3) Remote vehicle starter system, (B37) front and rear carpeted floor mats, (JA7) leather-wrapped brake handle, (VY7) leather-wrapped shift knob, (UK3) steering-wheel mounted audio controls and (N34) leather-wrapped steering wheel
    * (QAD) P225/50R17 blackwall touring tires are now standard on GT Sedan and Coupe models
    * (AP9) Trunk cargo nets and (B37) front and rear carpeted floor mats are now required together on Sedan and Coupe models
    * Changed RPO Code on (PCJ) Sun and Sound Package (was [PDE] in 2007)
    * Changed RPO Code on (UBJ) AM/FM stereo with CD player with auxiliary input jack for iPod/MP3 player (was [UN0])
    * Changed RPO Code on (UBK) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer with auxiliary input jack for iPod/MP3 player (was [UC6])

-----------------

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domest ... 811&type=0

Keep your GTPs people, they're getting rare by day.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Just another reason why the GTP's are the best lol we will be rarer and in effect be more valuable yay.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Nice, I feel like putting my GTP badge back on
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I called this a while ago, say goodbye to the days of the GTP, people. There probably will never be another one.

On the plus side, us 07 GTP owners are now the only year that the GTP trim had the GXP engine.

Anyone notice that it looks like the panoramic roof is gone too?? I wonder if they are ditching it on the G6 to sell more Auras.

Makes my car pretty rare, which I'm happy about. 3.6L GTP w/ pano roof FTW!

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
        - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
        - DS S3 Intake
        - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Crimson Red and 'Summer Only Performance Tires' are history. My car's market value just went up. Oh wait,I have a 6MT too!
          2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
          Forge Motorsports BPV
          CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
          HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
          HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
            I called this a while ago, say goodbye to the days of the GTP, people. There probably will never be another one.

On the plus side, us 07 GTP owners are now the only year that the GTP trim had the GXP engine.

Anyone notice that it looks like the panoramic roof is gone too?? I wonder if they are ditching it on the G6 to sell more Auras.

Makes my car pretty rare, which I'm happy about. 3.6L GTP w/ pano roof FTW!
            My car is more rare than yours(3.9L / 6MT).
            2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
            Forge Motorsports BPV
            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
            HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

I knew that Midnight Blue was coming when they made the interior kit last year in that color instead of the Electric Blue.

Here is an 05 GTO in Midnight Blue....

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

No more panoramic sunroof...??? What a shame
                2007 G6 Base V6 Sport Package
                Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic
                Panoramic Sun Roof

Comment

Midnight blue actually looks pretty good.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Looks like that White Diamond color is the same as
                    what is currently on the 2006 Cadillac CTS.

MODS:

Comment

I need to trade in for a GTP god damnit!!!
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

This makes me want to scrape the pennies together for a turbo ASAP now. Can't wait for the crowd of chronic Grand Am/Cavalier-ricing kids to get their hands on these Street GXPs and get their ass smoked by an "obsolete" GTP. And then realize that I stole their motor/tranny too.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Yeah, pathetic eh? GM managed to screw up the car that pretty much brought them up from dead.

Speaking of which... I wonder if I can do a radio swap. I want that aux-in!
                          <-- Gray G6? Click!
                          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                          2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                          Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Can't seem to make up their mind about something as simple as bodyside molding either

First it was all the cars had it, then it was just sedans, now its none of them.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                              ... I wonder if I can do a radio swap. I want that aux-in!
                              OH YEAH!!!

MODS:

Comment

Working...
                              X