Scratches to easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches to easy

hey anyone else have a problem with scratches on there door sill plates i want to replace them but i dont know if u need to get the whole molding that it sits in or u can just take the chrome sill plates out?
    [

g6 gtp fussion[

My drivers side has a couple in it, nothing bad though. You can pull them out if you want to replace them the plate just comes off.

Comment

i had a rock or something in my shoe when i first got my 6. there are a few small dents, and scratches. big deal at first, but bound to happen again.

im not replacing them
      -Lucy-
      2006 Silver Gt Coupe
      3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
      sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

Yeah, my passenger side door sill plate got scratched like 2 days after I got my G6. Every time I look at it, I want to replace it, but I can't justify the price of a replacement. $135 http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessor...94983991658869
        I have seen them for a little cheaper on another site but can't remember which one.

2007 Silver G6 GT Coupe (w/Hammerhead Spoiler)
        SWO Member
        Tinted Tails done by Chad (cbrenn71)

Comment

thry just pop right out? whats holdin them in?
          [

g6 gtp fussion[

Comment

You could replace them and then put some protective film over it, that will help protect it and then you can just replace the film when it wears out.

Comment

Originally posted by JPuck
              Yeah, my passenger side door sill plate got scratched like 2 days after I got my G6. Every time I look at it, I want to replace it, but I can't justify the price of a replacement. $135 http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessor...94983991658869
              I have seen them for a little cheaper on another site but can't remember which one.
              No thts not the sill plates! Thats the repair kit and its only for 4 door g6's, the plates alone are only like $18 i just dont know how they pop out?
              [

g6 gtp fussion[

Comment

Originally posted by garvenator10
                Originally posted by JPuck
                No thts not the sill plates! Thats the repair kit and its only for 4 door g6's, the plates alone are only like $18 i just dont know how they pop out?
                you're right, sorry!

2007 Silver G6 GT Coupe (w/Hammerhead Spoiler)
                SWO Member
                Tinted Tails done by Chad (cbrenn71)

Comment

They are just glued in there, pry em out.

Comment

are u sure its just glued in i dont wanna try and get em out and there be problems.. and the dealer said they didnt have them seperate that u had to get that whole assembly peice
                    [

g6 gtp fussion[

Comment

Well you can take that whole piece off and then underneath, there are tabs you can bend which will release the plate. That's the better way to do it if you are worried about it, they aren't strong at all so it's easy. I know you can just buy that plate, so I dunno what they were talking about.

Comment

funny thing about this post is the title.

as soon as i saw it in the "int Mod" section, the first thing that popped in my head was, Door boards...

sure enough, baaam
                        -Lucy-
                        2006 Silver Gt Coupe
                        3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
                        sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

Originally posted by kgeier82
                          funny thing about this post is the title.

as soon as i saw it in the "int Mod" section, the first thing that popped in my head was, Door boards...

sure enough, baaam
                          that was the exact same thing i thought too. never made sense to me the placement of those damn things. i like the idea but they are in a bad location.
                          2006 G6 GTP 6MT
                          GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI

Comment

Mines are messed up pretty badly as well. Maybe I'll order new ones and clear coat them or something to help prevent scratching i dont know.
                            2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Just do what I did and go to a place that will do paint protection film installs, and see if you can buy a piece big enough to cover it and put it on there. Or have them do it since it should be cheap for them to quickly do that, mine works great and they actually gave me a piece of the headlight film which is a lot thicker.

Comment

Working...
                              X