Our bolt pattern SUCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our bolt pattern SUCKS

I went to a local rim shop in town, spent an hour looking through their massive catalogue and found three different rims that i liked. I talked to the woman and she called up American Racing, Enkei, and some other company.. Turns out, NONE of the three designs i picked out would fit on the G6. Shes like "you will probably have to wait to the middle of this year to find anything.. Its a weird size".

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Yea, something about American cars and rims. Always tough to find rims for them, mostly GM and Ford.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

we have the same bolt pattern as the '05+ Malibu's i think. that is what i usually search for when i have been looking for rims. i don't look for a bolt pattern match, i look for a vehicle match then call and ask what the bolt pattern is for the '05 Malibu.

Comment

Cobalt SS, Caddy Catera and I believe Saab 95 also have the same bolt pattern. I wrote about this before somewhere but will post again since searching for a mid thread post is almost impossible. The best thing you can do untill rim companies decide to make rims for our cars (which wont be anytime soon because there arent many out there with same bolt pattern) is to look for rims with centercaps and then find a dealer who will drill them for you. Rims with a centercap usually come blank and get drilled or its easier to drill them I should say... You can either go direct and pay for the drilling (sometimes) through a company such as Enki, Nichi, etc...or find a third party (like a dun tire or something) and they SHOULD have them drilled for you as a customer service! Thats how I got mine, I searched about 6 rim sites untill I found one I acctually liked that I could get drilled. Chrome is not that hard to find and neither is silver, but black, hyper black, etc are alot harder to come by at least it was when I was looking around last Sept
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

that's a good idea, i never would have thought of having them drilled.

and the 96-99 Cateras are awesome! i LOVE the back end on those things for some reason!

Comment

Ladies and getlemen,

The bolt pattern is 5x110, yes this is a "rare" bolt pattern for aftermarket wheels, but any decent wheel shop should be able to; A) drill the bolt pattern to fit(search using something similar like a VW Passat(5x112)) or B) use the internet to do the leg work for you. There are TONS of sites out there that will do the search for your make/model/year and display all of the wheels that fit your car(of which there are MANY).

For example-
            http://www.discounttiredirect.com
            http://www.tirerack.com
            http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/page.cfm
            etc, etc, etc.

Please note- If you have a GTP, your selection gets smaller as the larger brakes/calipers get in the way. Speaking from experience.

To further my point, I have 18" Sacchi S45 wheels(on a GTP). They were custom drilled and have a bolt cover, so no one is the wiser.

Any questions, let me know.
            Sincerely,
            Already Been Through it

Comment

Sorry Simplyred, I just realized you had already posted most of my previous ramblings. Sorry to steal your thunder.....some of what I said is new(some.....)

Comment

haha its all good...

Comment

One more thing to note,
                  The G6 bolt pattern is a European spec, based on the GM Euro-brand platfrom Opel. (hence the matching models, Saab, the Catera, etc. both are built on European platforms)

That little tidbit may help in your search.
                  (That was me showing off)

Comment

I agree on the bolt pattern def sucks. I have rims from my old 01' Grand Am, figured i would be able to put them on the new car, of course not now i have to try and sell them..
                    06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

wait wait, the GTP's have larger calipers?!?! The rotors on my GT are 296 I believe so what are the GTP's?
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I am not sure of the exact size, but I was not able to put 16" wheels/snowtires on my car, where as the GT can. I'll see if I can get an exact spec.

Comment

The rotors are larger on the GTP, although I cannot for the life of me think of what size they are. I remember seeing a post about it on G6OC, so I'll go take a look there and post it up here.

edit: I couldn't find it. I'm sure that the rotors on the GTP are larger by like an inch or so.

sigpic
                          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_GTP
                            I am not sure of the exact size, but I was not able to put 16" wheels/snowtires on my car, where as the GT can. I'll see if I can get an exact spec.
                            Hmm that is very interesting considering I have 16" stock G6 wheels with winter tires on my GTP right now...and I have NO problems.

2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Canadian Spenc maybe?

Comment

Working...
                              X