Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 G6 Rims, need help!!

Hi, I am new to these forums.

I just bought an 06 G6 and am looking to put some new rims on it.

I was wondering what people thought were the best size, 18, or 19, or maybe even 20???

does anyone have any links, to 06 G6 photos with rims on them? cant seem to find em.

thanks.
    pat.

Howdy
    I think most people around here will tell you 19's, however, i think 20 is a good size also.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Its all a matter of taste... heres how I always looked at it... 18s are the smallest aftermarket rim you should go and will for the most part give you the best ride. 19s arent worth the money (if you can find them now a days) because they are only a couple hundred less then 20s and sometimes even more expensive since 20s are more common now a days. However for the bigger "bling" your going to get a much harsher ride due to the smaller/stiffer sidewall on a 20, you also going to notice a big decrease in accel and braking distance due to the weight of the rim. Dunno if that helps any but if your going for straight looks prolly 20s and if your going for practical use Id personally say 18s. If you want an example of a sixer on 18s just look at any GTP thats what you'll be looking at!!

edit:
      My car on 18's (I picked one series tire to small so the wheel gap looks worse then it is... bad example I guess)

Joeys car on chrome 20's
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Its all a matter of taste... heres how I always looked at it... 18s are the smallest aftermarket rim you should go and will for the most part give you the best ride. 19s arent worth the money (if you can find them now a days) because they are only a couple hundred less then 20s and sometimes even more expensive since 20s are more common now a days. However for the bigger "bling" your going to get a much harsher ride due to the smaller/stiffer sidewall on a 20, you also going to notice a big decrease in accel and braking distance due to the weight of the rim. Dunno if that helps any but if your going for straight looks prolly 20s and if your going for practical use Id personally say 18s. If you want an example of a sixer on 18s just look at any GTP thats what you'll be looking at!!

edit:
        My car on 18's (I picked one series tire to small so the wheel gap looks worse then it is... bad example I guess)

Joeys car on chrome 20's
        thanks, this is exactly what im looking for. Its more for show, so I think ima have to go for the 20s..looks so sick.

Comment

I think 20's are just too big, I'd go with 19's at the max
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
            Werd
            2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
            (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
            (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

If 19's were readily available in a good price I would have went with those... I looked into a couple styles that I liked and they were just to high priced for me and tires were no joke either!!

Comment

Go with 19s...

P.S. There are quite a few thread discussing 19 inch wheels, try the search...

John
                Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I def don't like the 20's they might look sick but too much for me. I like a slick car over a flamboyant one.

Comment

If 19's were readily available in a good price I would have went with those... I looked into a couple styles that I liked and they were just to high priced for me and tires were no joke either!!
                    Did a quick search... the cheapest 19in tire that tirerack has available is $215.00 thats the main reason I didnt go 19s

Comment

I put 18's on my car and i think that there perfect.
                      When i lower my car (next week.....pics soon) 1.75" i think 18's will be the perfect size.
                      (pics of car with the rims on my cardomain site below)
                      06 GT Memphis 6x9's in rear Diamond componet up front Diamond 12" subs Alpine/Rockford Fosgate amps
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492567
                      http://www.myspace.com/the_great_m

Comment

I'd go with at least 19" or else 20" but I wouldn't go over that. I'd look around to see if you could find some 19's for a decent price.

Comment

Im going for 19's .
                          2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

ya Im going for 19s, since the guy at the auto shop told me i would have to change the rotors and pads on my car because its possible 20s would do damage to it.

thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Well you can damage them easily with the stock 18's so yeah, just upgrade the brakes

Comment

Working...
                              X