To those who have installed DoctorSpeed Stage 3 intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those who have installed DoctorSpeed Stage 3 intake

Hi all. I'm looking into adding this to my car. More air = More power The reason I did not order one yet is because the car is on a 4 year lease. So I'm wondering if the airbox and/or the resonator is damaged when taken out? If I want to put it back when I returned the car will I be able to?
    -Marc

2005 Granite Metallic GT sedan

You will be able to put the stock one back in no problem...don't worry about it
    2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

unless your like me and take your anger out on the resonator and break it into multiple peices
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

yeh well, haha...did anyone do a how to on putting the intake in?

Comment

Great, thanks. Also a How-to would be nice to have...
          -Marc

Comment

anyone with MPG results with the cai yet? o, and if i install does it go against warranty? i've heard different answers n not sure which is tru

Comment

There are threads on both of those questions that were just listed... just search around and you'll find them!
              Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

yeh i was searching so i could just post the link to it but i cant find it right now while trying to work

according to nikki a aftermarket cai doesnt affect warranty by law

Comment

The MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY IMPROVEMENT ACT, which requires the dealer or Manufacturer to prove the aftermarket part you are using actually caused a failure or problem with the vehicle. So if your dealer gives you a hard time let him know you are aware of your rights and they should back down quickly.
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                    Yes that is correct!
                    2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Just placed the order for the stage 3 CAI. Now I wait...

* goes to check mail *

No, not here yet!
                      -Marc

Comment

You guys want a how-to? I took some pictures when I did my install, but I haven't uploaded them yet.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

sure, it isnt that hard of an install, but it probably helpful no matter what

a how to on everything we know/do could come in handy to guests or new members

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki
                            Yes that is correct!
                            HMM pretty sure LoJizzy was the one who posted the info on the Warranty Act
                            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                              Originally posted by Nikki
                              Yes that is correct!
                              HMM pretty sure LoJizzy was the one who posted the info on the Warranty Act
                              I posted it before, in a different thread :P
                              2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Working...
                              X