Backup Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Sensor

Now this would be kinda cool if the display wasn't so cheesy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac- ... 8225QQrdZ1
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Of course, driving skills are an even cheaper mod that anyone can do... :P

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Well yeah thats true, if the display was higher quality I might consider it to give it a higher end look to the interior but it looks retarded with the display it has.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I agree. If it were something that looked like it had some class, then it would be a nice mod.

Too bad it's so hard to integrate things like that into the car. It's really hard to make something aftermarket look OEM. Look at the ugly Metra Turbo2 kit for the stereos.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Oh yeah I completely agree that the Metra kit looks horrible, if the plastic matched maybe it would look decent but the tiny DIC screen with 2-3 buttons just looks out of place in the middle of all the plastic.

Comment

The worst part of that is that the metra kit was designed for our cars. They could have made it look nicer, but they didn't even try.

sigpic

Comment

LOL that IS cheesy.. Notice where the display is too, right in front of the light sensor. I accidentally had my radar above that at one point in time and it always though it was night
              2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

I'm debating whether or not to get a rear-view camera for my touchscreen, that would be pimp.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i prefer looking over my shoulder, not to mention it's free.

Comment

yea, but the fact that the ass-end on the coupe is so high doesn't help me at all.
                    -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

i think it would be worth the extra $200.. but with the pioneers, i think it is a lot more complicated hooking it up than it is with the eclipse setup.
                      2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                        yea, but the fact that the ass-end on the coupe is so high doesn't help me at all.
                        ah, i have never sat in a coupe, but even the sedan has it's fair share of blind of blind spots. i can imagine the coupe has even more.

Comment

nah the Pioneer has a single wire that you run to the camera in the back of the car. Then you just hook the signal wire up to the reverse light wire in the taillights. The cameras go for around $60.
                          -Mike #1

Comment

Yeah you can't really see much looking through the rear view especially with the rear seat headrests

Comment

I have seen some pics of it installed in a few cars... they do some basic color matching on the sensors but I can't tell if its a drill mount or something less invasive. Having sat in the coupe I know it would be nice to have back there, and the little dash pod isn't that bad looking depending onw here you put it; saw one install where the guy took it out of the pod and mounted it in the dash in a slot, very OEM looking in mounting. There are several styles out there from 2 or 3 manufacturers.
                              GNNR

Comment

Working...
                              X