Leather cleaner / Conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather cleaner / Conditioner

Ok, I have searched and searched but can't see to find what I'm looking for...at least not exactly. I have read thread after thread about taking care of my leather, however none of the threads seem to have what I'm looking for. Here is what I have down so far.

Three products have been widely used:
    1. Meg's
    2. Lexol
    3. Armor-all (yes I know not to use this one)

I have read good and bad's on Meg's and only good on Lexol. What I have not read so far is what product is going to keep my factory LOOK / FEEL? I absolutely do not want that slick, wet, bullshit on my seats. I like the matte finish and feel of the stock leather. So here is the million dollar question...

What, if any, leather cleaning and conditioning product can I use that won't dick up my seats? I don't care how much it costs, I just want the right look and feel of my factory seats.

Sorry, it's been a pain in the butt trying to figure this out and I can't deal with "trial and error" when it comes to things like this. Thanks for entertaining my rant and I do value your feedback.
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Sonus leather conditioner, best to buy their kits so you can get a cleaner as well and then treat it. Doing this is superior to something that is a all in one.

Or Meguiars Gold Class if you want something you can get ots.

Comment

might sound a bit out of wack.. but a buddy of mine gets this stuff from a place that sells horse saddles, since they have to be cleaned and conditioned or def not slippery... I will see if I can find out what he uses exactly, I've sat in his car and it does feel damn near perfect soft and supple and not slippery!

Edit: He was online when I wrote this so I asked him, he said that hes used the Lexol stuff and has also used this stuff called

Bick-1 Leather Cleaner

Bick-4 Leather Conditioner

Like I said they are products used on "Country Things " like horse saddles, boots, hats, etc... but alot of the adds talk about car seats, purses, shoes, etc... He said he preferes the Lexol stuff but the other works just as well! Hope that helps!
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Yep many people like to use saddle soap as it's called, not wacky at all but I still feel the car products are better in the end. If you can get it then it's worth trying out as well.

Comment

I use Lexol. I also hate the slippery shiney vasaline look. The stuff for saddles is called properts. Its in a white bottle and can be bought at just about any western store.

or...

http://www.labellesupply.com/b/it100007.html
          Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

I use saddle soap everyday on pilots helmets for the leather. It does condition/clean the leather really nicely!
            2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
            Black/Black coupe

Comment

Saddle soap is good, I use that on my motorcycle seat. Most recently in the car though, I used some wipes I think from Meguiars to clean them and then used leather conditioner and protector from The Protector. I got a bottle of it from a friend who works at a dealer. Worked great and doesnt leave the slippery shiny surface, I hate that too.
              2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Just to mention that it doesn't really matter what you use, even if you used armor all. Just make sure to let the product soak in for a good 15 min and then buff off the excess, that will make sure you won't have that wet look.

Comment

I currently use Meguiars Gold Class, but it does leave my seats kinda hard and that greasy look. I'm gonna jack some saddle soap from work, and head down to the local western store and see if that have any conditioner.
                  2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                  Black/Black coupe

Comment

I use armour-all's leather gel, not the best but works for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X