Camber Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camber Kit

Well I finally got my springs on after having them forever. Well I bottom out coming up my hill now I have only tried it twice tho. The other time I came up in it was the other way up which is a dirt road. But anyhow back to the question at hand. Even tho I only dropped it 1.4 I need a camber kit. Where is the cheapest place to get it. I found it on pfyc.com and google came up with this also http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/catalog ... 95-6161046 ( is this the same thing?).

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

pfyc usually has high quality stuff. If the one they have will work, get it from there.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Re: Camber Kit

Originally posted by Coupe_GTP
      Well I finally got my springs on after having them forever. Well I bottom out coming up my hill now I have only tried it twice tho. The other time I came up in it was the other way up which is a dirt road. But anyhow back to the question at hand. Even tho I only dropped it 1.4 I need a camber kit. Where is the cheapest place to get it. I found it on pfyc.com and google came up with this also http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/catalog ... 95-6161046 ( is this the same thing?).
      I can't see why you would need a camber kit with only a 1.4"drop.
      2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
      Forge Motorsports BPV
      CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
      HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
      HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

I will scan the sheet he gave me latter. He said he did all he could but that it was still off by -1.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

so then what about the rears? your tires just gonna wear back there?

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe_GTP
            I will scan the sheet he gave me latter. He said he did all he could but that it was still off by -1.
            As long as you don't experience any accelerated tire wear, the alignment should be alright. I have the 1.75" drop and do not have a camber kit. I have not seen any unusual tire wear or suspension problems in 1 year of driving with the drop.
            2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
            Forge Motorsports BPV
            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
            HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

well your car should definitely corner better lol.

negative camber can be a bitch, but if you rotate your front tires side to side on a regular basis than it will go a long ways in offsetting the effects of camber. it's not a solution, but it will help and it's free.

Comment

^what do you mean, like turn your tires around on your rims or what?

Comment

swap the sides the wheels are on
                  Originally posted by TLS2000
                  Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                  GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                    swap the sides the wheels are on
                    ^^ yes that is what i meant. assuming you don't have directional tires (which the stock tires shouldn't be) than you can swap your tires side to side or in an X pattern instead of just front to back which will help negate camber wear.

Comment

and how will that help?

If you have a negitive or postive camber issue and you rotate your tires to the opposite sides, you will experience the SAME wear (only on the other side).

Unless we're really talking about a toe-in/toe-out problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Rannin Ravensight
                        and how will that help?

If you have a negitive or postive camber issue and you rotate your tires to the opposite sides, you will experience the SAME wear (only on the other side).

Unless we're really talking about a toe-in/toe-out problem.
                        hmm..i guess you're right. i didn't really think that one through

you would have to rotate the tire on the rim for that to work.

Comment

It's cool man, we all have those 'brain fart' moments

Comment

I was thinking the same thing... "how would that help
                            ?"

Comment

it helps in your miiiiind!
                              Originally posted by TLS2000
                              Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Working...
                              X