This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT-R Exhaust

I've been reading up on the GT-R exhaust system lately, and was wondering if anyone in Canada has purchased it before?

Looks like a really nice quality system, but I've been caught by brokerage charges and excise fees in the past when ordering parts from the US.

Any experiences?

Troy has it, "Interfire"
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Brokerage was about $90, IIRC. Shipping was about $165.

It's not cheap, but it's definitely a high quality system.

Comment

My brokerage fee was $86.54, don't remember what shipping was but I'm sure it was identical to jnaks.

Comment

at the times that the brokerage and shipping costs add up to that much, would it not be cheaper to drive to the US get it done and drive back...unless of course you live way too far from the border. Or is there some sort of legal reason (other then taxes ) that you could not do that?

Comment

You could probably do it that way, as long as you know someone in the States who you could trust to accept the package, then drive down and do it there. But all you would really save on is the brokerage, I don't think you would save much on the shipping. It's a big package.

Comment

If you know someone and/or are able to do that then by all means I'd go for it, but yeah it's a heavy package and he ships it as one big box now so it's even more awkward to deal with.

Comment

Wow, so there are only two of you who have GT-R exhaust in Canada?

Looks like I’ll have to drive to Alberta if I want to hear it in person – haha.

Comment

Actually Blackrider has it too (he's in BC - Victoria or Vancouver I think)

Comment

I was quote for $91 dollars for shipping to Niagara Falls, NY maybe if there is a UPS depot there or something like that will be awesome.

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Legally you'd still have to pay duty on it once you came back across the boarder.

EVEN if you had it installed on your car while you were there.
                      The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

best way I've found is to find a place that will accept a package in your name and clear it through customs yourself ... don't try and cheat em .. pay your dues etc. usually it's WWWAAAAYYYY cheaper to clear it yourself
                        sigpic

Comment

The real issue isn’t the cost of shipping or duties; I just want to be able to hear the exhaust in person before ordering it.

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
                            Legally you'd still have to pay duty on it once you came back across the boarder.

EVEN if you had it installed on your car while you were there.
                            Just stay down there for enough days then you won't

Comment

Find out where Sam sources his parts. If they are all made in the USA, there are no duties on them.

sigpic
                              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                              X