chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chips

i have heard that even pulling chip to go to dealer to get work done they can still tell you had a chip in
    my old car (cougar) you had to sand down the gell covering on the port you pluged the chip into so right there they could tell you had a chip
    My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Hmmm I wouldnt have any idear about that one... but seems a little premature to worry about with no chip being produced yet for our cars?!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

So is this item BS then? (sorry, I'm new to these forums, not sure how to make links yet)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac- ... enameZWDVW

Comment

IMHO and prolly along with 90% of us here, most of those Ebay Chips are worthless (I've never tried, only read about) but I cant imagine that one being different than the others!

Comment

you can usually tell if it is actually gonna work if they describe how it works and what it actually look like

i can make a box with big wires and a label and make a graph and sell it

so ill bet this is just junk like...Buyer Beware! Don't be fooled by cheap knock off modules and chips that are simply diodes you install on your engine. The Turbo-PRO is engineered with the finest quality materials available for your vehicle. Buy with total confidence!

also amazing that their site link is "under construction"

Comment

i checked thru his feedback,most of which is just about delivery speed, however this is one that makes it interesting

though can be misleading cause could post himself, but it said taht whatever car got 7hp gain on dyno

2 others though said chip didnt help, it is hard to tell if really works, i would doubt it, if you put something in believing it helps, more than likely you are gonna think it actually does

Comment

Oh boy...here we go again
              2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Another thread about these damn "chips" on Ebay.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

put it this way and maybe we can lay this to rest haha.. a hypertech tuner is what... $300 if not more... so a $20 chip from ebizzle..prrrrrolly wont work haha

Comment

Dont buy it

:smoke:
                    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Those chips on ebay are nothing like the ones we want for our cars. Ginuwine, you're talking about the Diablo chip, there was an issue on the Cougars where the car wouldn't start because certain terminals on the car's computer board had to be soldered together. Also, that chip plugged directly into the car's computer. I don't know where this thing hooks into. But that was just a bad design by Ford, I don' think we'd have that problem with this car.
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                        if you put something in believing it helps, more than likely you are gonna think it actually does
                        I agree completely. Perception is everything

Comment

That's called the "Butt Dyno" haha
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

with my 02 cougar you could not put chip in they had no power to that port tried it so i would have had to get the handheld ones & reflash the emc on my old car through di port
                            My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

Working...
                            X