Clear All

• Doctor Speed Stage 3 Cold Air Intake

Doctor Speed Stage 3 Cold Air Intake

Brand: Doctor Speed
    Price: $149.95; free for some of us
    Purchased From: http://www.doctorspeed.com

Installation: Moderate
    Installation Time: 60-80 minutes
    Any Installation Tips:You might have an easier time just removing the entire factory intake tube first, then taking out the airbox & resonator. There's more room to work this way. Leave everything loose until the pipe and filter are installed and are located where you want them. If the filter is jammed up against the foglight, you can cut the intake pipe about an inch and a half to give the filter some more room. To stop the pipe from moving around too much, use some foam padding or a slit hose around the intake resonator hole to hold the pipe in place.

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10) 10 (no welded brackets to break off, couplers fit tubes nicely, K&N filter baby!)
    Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 9 (the sound at wide open throttle is amazing, also noticed a little performance difference, most noticeable on the highway when downshifting to pass)
    Would you Recommend to Others: Yes

Any Other Comments: Removing the whole resonator from under the headlight area is MUCH easier if you remove the one bolt in the corner of the bumper in the wheel well (like a 15mm or something). You can then pull the entire side of the bumper a good 6" away from the car allowing you to just pull the whole box assembly right out.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

my question is - when coming to change the air filter how much work is it going to take to change it?

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Take the headlight out, unscrew the filter clamp, remove filter, clean and oil with K&N filter kit and reverse steps.. seems pretty easy to me!!
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Yea, you won't need to take apart anything on the intake. You'll have access to the screw for the filter clamp once the headlight is out.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Will this void the warranty, so u have to put the stock parts back when you go to the dealer?
          ~Dave
          06 Liquid Silver GP GXP - Leather/Suede, Navigation, Sunroof, HUD, DIC, XM
          92 Aqua Blue GP GTP - project car
          93 White GP SE B4U - daily driver 256,219 miles
          DIC, HUD, quad leather buckets, Buick F-bar, GMPP trailing arms, clear tails, 15% tint

Comment

Originally posted by SkiBum
            Will this void the warranty, so u have to put the stock parts back when you go to the dealer?
            No.

That is, unless the dealer can PROVE that the new intake somehow was the cause of your warranty related claim.

They can't just say "that isn't stock, so your warranty is void." Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, check it out.

Comment

What made you choose this over the Cold Air Box?

Comment

Working...
              X