Strut brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strut brace

I installed a front strut brace almost after I bought my 06 GTP a year ago although it is not the GM one.
    Has anyone else noticed that with its addition, there is a complete lack of torque steer even under slippery conditions; both front wheels pull/spin with equality.
    Or do GTP's normally not have any torque steer under full throttle starts?
    Just a curiosity point.
    GTPdriver
    G. Stephen Day

The torque steer doesn't happen for me until I'm well into second gear..

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

TWO thread wooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      SSSS Czar

Comment

yay another one....w00t!!!
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Double threader.

And I still have torque steer.

Comment

I still have it too even after the strut bar install...

but whatever.
            The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

The strut tower brace will not eliminate to torque steer, but it will help to improve handling and steering control. If you want to virtually eliminate torque steer, you need an LSD.
              2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
              Forge Motorsports BPV
              CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
              HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
              HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Lowering my car and installing the brace definately helped with torque stear, but I wouldnt say it eliminated it.
                BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                  The strut tower brace will not eliminate to torque steer, but it will help to improve handling and steering control. If you want to virtually elimnate torque steer, you need an LSD.
                  Whats He said.

And this should be in the Suspention section.
                  2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                  334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

what did you use if it wasn't the GM one? I haven't heard of any others that fit our car
                    2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
                    Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
                    Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
                    Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

RSM made one that was like $300

A strut brace isn't really going to do anything significant.

Comment

It does help.^
                        2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                        Forge Motorsports BPV
                        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                        HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Yeah somewhat.

I'd like to know which one you used as well, I was only aware of two. Assuming it wasn't the RSM one.

Comment

Strur brace

First mea culpa on two counts! (a) I didn't think to put my comments on the strut brace under the proper heading so thanks to he/she/they who did and I guess I was the only G6 owner to buy and install the RSM one but in my defense, it was a quality piece of workmanship and really looks nice.
                            Now am I forgiven?
                            GTPdriver
                            G. Stephen Day

Comment

I want one just for the looks
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X