Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• satellite radio

Hello

Could I convert the factory Xm radio to sirus radio in my car?
    Thank you all for answer my question on the ipod.

Thank you
    Jon
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe Black

why the switch?
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Cause Sirius is better, w00t
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Hello

Howard Stern
        Plus I heard Xm radio was going down the tube .

Thank you
        Jon
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe Black

Comment

hahaha dude your really really formal for an online message forum.. perfect letter template with each message, nice!
          2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Yeah haha... you'll soon fall out of that routine the more you post here!
            Originally posted by Toyz
            Originally posted by simplyred
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

First, thankfully someone that uses proper grammer, much better than the people that use all caps, made up words, or worst they purposely misspell words!

XM did post a loss again, but they are not going down the tubes quite yet. They are predicting they will post a profit this year, but who knows. Sirius has more overhead and less subscribers, but for a service people are used to getting for free it is hard to change the public over that quickly...

As for the conversion, you would not be able to reuse your hardware. Sattelite equipment is very specific to each provider.

John
              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

From my days of working with car audio, you'd have to pretty much change out your headunit to an aftermarket one (thats sirius ready) and buy the DIC kit from metra I think it is in order to keep the DIC. Unless you wanted to buy an external player and run it off an FM modulator or something. But I'm pretty much 100% positive that there would be no way to get an XM headunit like the stock GM one to work with Sirius...
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

you are correct. although the head unit would work fine with a modulator of sorts, the onstar antenna is a delphi which means no sirius. If you're like me, you will hate the FM modulator. (unless you shell out tons of money for a good one) simply because sound quality goes down the tubes with it. (at least in my experience) to me sound quality is what satellite radio is all about. i'm with you on sirius being better though.
                  2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Comment

i know this is a bit different than the question raised, but to not open a new thread for a simple question

did XM turn your all service off after your deadline for renewal? mine supposedly expired 4 days ago but is still playing just fine

i plan to renew it but havent yet, got to have it for march madness at least, but as long as it is playing im not gonna bother paying for it

Comment

Just wait a week. It will stop. I love XM....
                      I dont think it is going down the tubes. This reminds me of the
                      Ford stinks stickers on the Chevy trucks and vice versa.
                      Since I drive about an hour and a half each day to work and home
                      not including stores, schools etc I find it a very nice feature.
                      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I have had xm for almost 2+ years now in my zr2. If it was not for that i would have gone nuts last year traveling from Harrisburg to Hagerstown and Harrisburg to Pittsburg every friday and sunday But ya as previously posted you pretty much would have to after market in some way, wether it was a new HU and equipment or an FM modulator.
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelo

hahaha dude your really really formal for an online message forum.. perfect letter template with each message, nice!
                          Reminds me of that old Dudley Moore movie where he goes to the nuthouse, and the one guy there has to say 'hello' at the start of every sentence

Personally, I like the XMS radio in some ways, but after the 30 day free trial I won't renew. For one thing, if I'm gonna be dumb enough to actually pay for radio, I don't want to still have to deal with commercials. And 2nd, they don't have a good heavy metal stations. Squizz and Boneyard are both too weak.

Comment

only have commercials if you listen to stations that hve them

Comment

FM modulator is excellent if you get the adapter that ties into the antenna. When the unit is powered, it shuts off the fm antennas signal. Once I installed this piece, my Sirius is crystal clear. And also, no need to keep flipping stations to make it come in clear.
                              Originally posted by TLS2000
                              It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Working...
                              X