Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't noticed any body else do a dash kit

Am I the only one to do a dash kit?

I chose carbon fiber inside and out take a look. I entered my car in Hot Import Nights last year, and did pretty well. You'd be surprised how many people liked the G6 there as you can imagine. Most people thought it was a new acura. haha! Ricers!

I understand that its not a good picture. I need a new one. That was on a cloudy day, and on a bad digital camera.

Heres the outside. As it was back in 2005. Not much has changed since.

I'll post more pics when I can.
    3.5L, 17"'s;Intake;Coated battery tray engine cover and exhaust shield;Nokya Highs Lows Fogs;Red Interior Lights and trunk;Red Neons;Shaved trunk emblems and filled front emblem;CF Door Pillars and handles;CF shift knob, dash, guages, and door kit;CF speakers; XM;GTP Fascia and Dual exhaust.

i have always liked the look of a nice brushed or polished metal look. it's tough to break out the wallet though, i am always concerned about the quality of the kit, how long it will last, whether or not i will like it. i don't think pictures can do good quality kits justice.

where did you get yours? does it fit well, happy with it, durable, recommend it?

Comment

The center of the dash looks pretty good, where the radio and all that good stuff is. Did you use carbon fiber vinyl or real CF?
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Looks pretty good...how/where did ya get it done?
        2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Hmm I like that too... see if you can get a pic from the side of one of the pieces, Im interested to see how it sticks out, if at all... thats whats really holding me back from getting a dash kit. I wish I could see the one from GM to see how well the color matches the exterior!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I am willing to put money on that it is a vinyl kit, and he probably got it on eBay.

John
            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

vinyl as it not a "true" overlay kit?
              Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Vinyl is an overlay, the overlays are made of vinyl.

John

Comment

I've always preferred painting the dash to adding a trim kit to it, but it would be pretty difficult, time consuming, and expensive to paint the entire dash on the G6. That looks pretty good though.
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

The trick is to paint select parts... To match the exterior of the car. :-)

Comment

I actually did NOT get it off eBay. I considered that one, but it did not have as many pieces as eDashkits.com where I purchased mine. I was the first to get one, and I was surprised how well it fits. Theres a little bit of error around the guages, and a little bit around the shifter. Not that bad though.

It was pricey, but I was the first, so it might be cheaper now. I think it cost upwards of $200, and I got the exterior kit too, so I think it was all under $300 with shipping. The fit on the radio is perfect, and it looks impressive. Let me go snap some more pics and then change the headlights a bit and I'll be back on later.

As for some of the parts, I had to make them out of vinyl, like the shifter, and the sideview mirrows outside. But the rest of it is about 4 mm thick, and has a thick protectant on it.

I'll get that side pic of the 3M adhesive and so forth for you guys.

I did NOT get the real carbon fiber, because that would have been about $100 more expensive, but there are a ton of options available on eDashkit. They can make anything. Mine is the SPORT carbon fiber, which is just the pattern.
                      3.5L, 17"'s;Intake;Coated battery tray engine cover and exhaust shield;Nokya Highs Lows Fogs;Red Interior Lights and trunk;Red Neons;Shaved trunk emblems and filled front emblem;CF Door Pillars and handles;CF shift knob, dash, guages, and door kit;CF speakers; XM;GTP Fascia and Dual exhaust.

Comment

4mm thick?! damn
                        2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Just as a heads up to anyone with a GTP, most of these kits are not made for the GTP model. I just got one and most of the large pieces don't fit(due to M6, automatic climate control....etc). All of the small accent pieces fit fine, and look good.

Again, just a heads up....I was a little dissapointed. The kit still looks awesome.

Comment

With regards to my post above regarding the dash kit; I have spoken to wooddashexperts.com and they are in the process off adding parts specifically for the GTP model. Of which I will get the very first set(me showing off again). So, I am a happy customer and everyone witha GTP now has the option.

BTW I will post some pics soon.....though I am not sure how.

Comment

usually they'll have a layout of what's included in the kit, and you'll see parts such as the automatic climate control or manual climate control...shift plate with tapshift or without it..etc.
                              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                              X