• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.9L Westers Tune

Brand: Westers
    Price: $350 From GB
    Purchased From: http://www.tunetyme.net

I didn't pull out my PCM/TCM so I don't have anything to say on installation, I took my car to get it programmed. But it's freaking easy to take everything out and install again. Just make sure it's seated properly when you install it.

Quality of Service: 10
    Quality of Part: 10
    Would I Recommend It: Hell yeah I would, everything about it was awesome. Big thanks to Andre who set everything up, and was the original guinea pig lol. Matt was friendly and knew his shit, only spoke to him on the phone a few times and he was very willing to help out all in all a great guy. And dealing with Lyndon Wester went smoothly, I had no problems at all during the whole thing. Guy could talk circles around me all day, def knew his shit too after all he is the one who designed it. I could go on all day but I think you get my point, huge thanks to all 3 guys.

Comments: Performance is awesome, my gas mileage increased significantly and it really is like having a new car again.

i got this tune as well..and i 100% agree with the review....

however..

but the better gas milage only happens when you stop flooring it and down shifting to pass and that sort of thing.. i love this tune makes the car soo fun!
    06BlkGTP 6spd coupe.
    D.S CAI+Stage 4.
    Tune Time Performance Tune.
    Red painted calipers.
    GT-R Exhaust
    GM Strut Bar
    Red LEDs under dash
    PowerSlot Cryo Rotors + Hawk Pads
    Hammerhead

Comment

poop

how ar the hp gains? tourq?
      black GTP sedan chrome outside handles, 5% all the way around, debadged, custom taillights, black painted headlights, 6000 watt audiobahn system....yeah its sometimes too loud!!

Comment

Re: poop

Originally posted by iwannagofast
        how ar the hp gains? tourq?
        I dynoed in 18.5 HP and 8.2 LBS of torque over stock. Unfortianlly I dont have the stock dyno sheet but heres my modded dyno sheet

2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

and your MPG went up too dre?
          2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
          Black/Black coupe

Comment

I am running premuim because I got a 93 octane tune but yes it did. I was averaging 20-20.5 MPG. Now am at 21-22.5 MPG. Unless really beating it hard then at 20.5 but not really any lower

2013 Mustang GT
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

does anyone foresee this somehow destroying reliability?
              2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
              Black/Black coupe

Comment

I dont, I have had mine for 5K miles so far and no random CELs or anything. And mine has been in the delaership for a new 6CD changer as mine went, they did a full systems check with out telling me and they found nothing at all saying the PCM has been modified or anything so dealership doesnt see it. Drivablitiy is the same I bought it a year and half ago just with more HP

2013 Mustang GT
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Re: 3.9L Westers Tune

I don't beleive I posted my review for the tune. So I have had my Westers tune for 5k + miles and so far so good. 100% agree with troy. This tune is awesome. Matt and lyndon at Westers were very helpful and informative. Even when I asked the most retarded questions. Like where was the TCM. It was right in front of my face. A quick glance you can see it under the intake tube. Install was very easy for the ECM. The tcm how ever was a little difficult only because it was freezi g outside and my fingers were Popsicles. LOL I posted a how to for it though.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                  TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                  Show
                  -20% tint
                  -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                  -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Working...
                  X