In need of a little tire size help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of a little tire size help...

I have a G6 GT sedan with the 17" 225/50-17 stock wheels and tires and I want to upgrade them to the GTP 18" stock wheels. The only thing is I don't want to sacrifice my speedometer being off because I know the diameter of the GTP stock wheels and tires are bigger than mine. I was thinking of getting the GTP 18"s and putting 225/45-18 (as opposed to the 225/50-18 stock) on them. Does anyone know if this will effectively work in not screwing up my speedometer readings?
    '05 Black G6 GT, Axxess XM Direct Upgrade, Steering Wheel Swap, 6000k HID conversion, 18" GTP Wheels Chromed

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=405

Sticky on the top of this forum..

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Edit: erased same msg as tom basically

ugggggggggggh Tom....
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

You can also get your computer adjusted at your dealer, but as you can tell from that calculator going from your stock size to what you want will work.

Comment

Thanks!! man that calculator is great!
          '05 Black G6 GT, Axxess XM Direct Upgrade, Steering Wheel Swap, 6000k HID conversion, 18" GTP Wheels Chromed

Comment

Working...
          X