Went to the Auto Show yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the Auto Show yesterday...

I was at the CIAS yesterday. The place is huge: 2 convention centres, plus Skydome (I will NOT call it Rogers Centre).

I got to see the G6 GTP Convertable: Looks really nice. I kind of wish that I had waited a few more months. Trunk space is about 1/3 of what the standard coupes have. It has an antenna on the drivers side rear 1/4, because you'd have no FM/AM radio otherwise.

Camaro: We had the red one that was at the LA auto show. I loved the looks of it from far away, but when I got closer I could see that it's just a mock up. The exhaust was plastic, as were the glued on door handles. It was funny looking inside the car and seeing foam for interior, with a seat top glued to it and a steering wheel glued to the non-existant dashboard.

Buick Velite: Awesome, 'nuff said.

Saturn Sky: I love the pictures of this car. I hate the pictures of the Solstice. The Solstice looks better in person, however.

GMT-900 Yukon: Wow, they bet the bank on these and these are going to be huge winners for them. This is the nicest large SUV I've ever seen.

Non-GM cars that caught my eye:

Dodge Caliber: One word to describe this one: FUGLY!

Jeep Commander: See above

Suzuki PX Concept: Weird. A guy who worked for Suzuki asked me to do a survey with him. He asked if I liked/disliked it/or didn't know. I told him I didn't know. He asked if Suzuki produced it, would I buy one? I said No. He then asked if I was in the market for a new car. I told him no.

Smart ForFour: This is the first time I've see one of these. I actually liked it.

Canadian Forces: They were at the show with some of their vehicles. One of them said:

Price: You can't buy it! Join the Canadian Forces and we'll PAY you to drive one!

It was a great show, and I'm actually thinking of going again on Monday with a $5 off coupon that I have.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Cool. The annual auto show is coming to the Jacob Javits Center in March, I'll probably go there and get some pics.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i have always liked the Yukons better than the Tahoes, but unfortunately GM changed that with this newest body style. the new Yukons look too much like the new Envoys, which look too much like minivans (new Durango anyone?). the new Hoes and Burbans are awesome though.

Comment

Working...
      X