Auto headlights way too sensitive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto headlights way too sensitive

Does anyone else think that the automatic headlights are way too sensitive? Mine turn on when the sun just starts going down, and today I was under an overpass for about 6 seconds and they went on. They also go on if I start my car in the shade.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Whats wrong with them being on as the sun goes down. I used to always drive with my headlights on cause I didnt have DRL. Statistics show that a car with the lights on, even in the day, is spotted quicker than one with the lights off, even more so at dusk. Lights arent just so you can see, its so peoples can see you.
    BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

i think it is a timed thing...seems like if you are in a dark enough area for 3 seconds or more, they turn on

i hate when mine come on when at a bank and under their extension for tubes...i usually remember to just turn headlights off though when doing that

but yes they are quite sensitive to darkness/shade

Comment

Yeah I've been thinking that the last few days. Even if it's still really bright out, mine stay on (say around 5:30-6:00 pm)

But on the other hand, I love having automatic headlights so it's not a huge deal.

Comment

Re: Auto headlights way too sensitive

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
          Does anyone else think that the automatic headlights are way too sensitive? Mine turn on when the sun just starts going down, and today I was under an overpass for about 6 seconds and they went on. They also go on if I start my car in the shade.
          I agree with you. I know its just a small issue but it bothers the hell out of me turning them selfs on and off...... and so on.
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

i agree, i can be driving and a clud covers the sun and WHAM!!! my headlights turn on. Its kinda rediciulous

Comment

I don't seem to have that problem. My lights seem to turn on at exactly the right time (other than when I'm under a bridge or something).

At least you Americans can shut them off after they turn on. Canadians can't.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I have no issues with mine, as long as they auto turn on that's good enough for me.

Comment

Mine aren't sensitive at all. They turn on when they should and turn off when they should. I wonder if you could get a new sensor.

Comment

The reason I'm being picky is because I have the HIDs and I heard it's not really good to keep turning them on and off in such a short amount of time. ah well.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

when i think there is a chance they will keep kicking in adn out i turn them off manually so they dont kick back on...hard to remember i know but that is a choice

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                        The reason I'm being picky is because I have the HIDs and I heard it's not really good to keep turning them on and off in such a short amount of time. ah well.
                        I have heard the same thing before too about turning them on and off, there like foresent bulbs and better to be left on constent and not on and off.
                        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                        Gotta have it Green color
                        Brembo brake package
                        420 HP 5.0L
                        Ford Racing Power Pack
                        GT500 track pack differential cover
                        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                          I don't seem to have that problem. My lights seem to turn on at exactly the right time (other than when I'm under a bridge or something).

At least you Americans can shut them off after they turn on. Canadians can't.
                          why cant u turn them off?
                          They cleaned my thing out
                          g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
                          2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

you dont have to have them on auto, you can manually turn them on and off.
                            BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
                              you dont have to have them on auto, you can manually turn them on and off.
                              thats in the dic, right?
                              They cleaned my thing out
                              g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
                              2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

Working...
                              X