Service bulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service bulletin

I have a new 2006 G6 GTP coupe 6MT that has only been driven 3400km (2110 mi). Unfortunately it has been in for service 4 times now for a total of 17 days. On the 1st, 3rd, and 4th occassions it had to be towed in because it wouldn't crank. The apparent solution included the replacement of an electronic component known as the body control module (BCM) and replacement of the clutch pedal sensor. So if your the proud owner of a 6spd, beware, because apparently the no crank condition is a common issue.
    2006 Fusion Orange G6 GTPOS Coupe 6MT ~ #75
    Vision Bulbs 6000k HID Xenon low beams

Re: Service bulletin

Originally posted by Borent
    My new '06 g6 gtp coupe has been in for service 3 times now and only has 2200km. The 1st and 3rd times it had to be towed in because it wouldn't start. I've had the body control module (bcm) replaced and reprogrammed and the clutch pedal sensor replaced as a result. The car was in for service for a total of 2 weeks. Beware 6spd owners.
    I have had my car 2 1/2 months and I have had no service issues to date.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Borent, what dealership are you taking the car into? I'm curious to know, as I'm in the Toronto area.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

My 6MT has 8000 miles on it, no problems whatsoever :warped:
        2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

My car was in at the dealership for over a month waiting for parts.

The shifter is a little notchy when it's warm, but when it's cold it grinds a little. Second gear can be hard to get into on the really cold days.

Also, since day one, my passenger side window hasn't sealed properly. On the highway I get A LOT of wind noise through it.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Trouble shooting

Yep I had my GTP for 3 months already on the 2nd of March and after 2100 miles no problems so far.

Comment

Working...
            X