upper intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upper intake manifold

so this isn't a performance or apperance mod so I'll just throw it in here. I was curious about the intake manifold on the 3.5-if I took the upper portion off to polish it are there paper gaskets or does it use a small rubber gasket around its perimeter that is reusable? Also so you guys think polishing holds in more heat? I polished the cam cover on my 2.2 ecotec back in the day, it was a shitload of work but looking so good afterwards.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Probably paper, the 3400 was.. but I haven't seen one yet. Maybe Ben will chime in here.
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

damn so basically something that would have to be replaced and resealed also? Hmm maybe it's worth it after all. What about heat, do you think polishing holds more heat in?
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

It really shouldn't have any real effect on heat disappation. If they're just the paper ones, you might be able to get away with reusing them once, but they're not very expensive, maybe $20?
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

ah ok, I'll have to see if the local parts shops around here have them available. I'd like to polish the top and just get rid of the engine cover so we'll see what happens.

Comment

Working...
          X