Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tune Tyme/Time PCM Tune

Brand: Tune Tyme
    Price: $350 (group buy price, normally $399)
    Purchased From: http://www.tunetyme.net

Installation: Easy
    Installation Time: About 10 minutes
    Any Installation Tips You Have: A 1/2" socket to remove TCM and a flathead screwdriver

Quality of service: 7
    Product Performance: 8
    Would you Recommend to Others: The group buy was organized by Dre256, who was awesome through the whole thing. I would definitely work with him again! Mike from Tune Time initially was very fast with his responses, but after he ran into a few delays, he never contacted me to tell me there was a problem. I was expecting a 3-day downtime (because I overnighted items), but turned out to be a whole week w/o my car, and I paid about $50 for shipping, all said and done. If you decide to do this, have a back-up car, or don't be impatient, like me.

Any Other Comments: I've only driven my car for 2 days, but there is a SIGNIFICANT difference in shift-responsiveness! I can put it in neutral and actually rev it way up (although that is pointless). I am now able to sucessfully lay down trails of rubber. The tune has definitely increased my power. Once I test at track, I will actually give you some solid numbers!
    Current Mods: Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI and GT-R Exhaust. Tune Time TUNE! 6000 K HIDs, MPD Hood.

Originally posted by GTPprix
    My sister's cousin's niece who married a guy who delivers paper towels to a guy who knows a girl whose brother is a cabinet member for nObama said that GM just imploded 20 minutes ago.

I will probably be calling him tomorrow to arrange to be the 3.6L guinea pig. Thanks for the write-up!

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Nice writeup good to hear it worked out good for you.

I take it you ran 93 octane?

Comment

Am glad you like it and you are happy with it! Am again sorry you had a a shipping delay, but glad once you got it your still happy with it!
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

what models is this tune for?????
          knowing Dre its ONLY for the 3900

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
            The 3900 is the only available tune. If I sign up to be a test car, the 3.6L may become available.

You'll have to ask Dre, but I'm sure the guy would work on a 3500 if one was provided to him..

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
            - DS S3 Intake
            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

well thank you, seems like it shows that am bias towards the 3900

Tune Time has avalible the 2.4L and the 3900. And you can choose your ocatne 87, 89, 91 or 93. If you want to get technical can also do it for 100+ ocatne if you want, but that will BE very expensive to keep the car fueled and dont know how long the valves would hold up

On thursday the 8th this week he his testing an 05-06 3500 for a tune, if sucssesful as eairly as friday a 3500 05-06 PCM tune will be avaiblabe with prob octane choise, but we have to wait to see.

Once the a 3.6L test car goes down there will be a 3.6L. From my undersanding he already has a 3.6L tune ready but needs a car to play with it first before its sale.

Finally, if you have an 07+ 3500, as far as I know there is no testing set-up for one. But if you want one for that 3500 you can PM me and I can give you his number. He prob would be intrested in trying to tune that engine.

2013 Mustang GT
              Brembo brake package
              420 HP 5.0L
              Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Booyeah use 105 octane race gas

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                  Booyeah use 105 octane race gas

That would be funny! You prob have one hell of a gain on HP for the first 100 miles or so, then something really bad is prob going to happend to your engine

2013 Mustang GT
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

is that an automatic or manual 3500. or it does not matter?

Comment

is that an automatic or manual 3500. or it does not matter?
                      The 3500 only comes in automatic. Only thing that might matter is the V6 or GT tranny if he gets it working. I belive its a GT he is doing so the V6 trim am guessing can still do it for the HP gain just no tranny tune, not 100% sure.

Now if you ment the 06 GTP, optinal 07 GT motor the 3900, it doesnt matter he can do both.

2013 Mustang GT
                      Brembo brake package
                      420 HP 5.0L
                      Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                        That would be funny! You prob have one hell of a gain on HP for the first 100 miles or so, then something really bad is prob going to happend to your engine
                        Yeah but that first 100 miles would kick ass

Comment

you wrote "booyeah"

Comment

Comment

awesome, can't wait to hear about the 3500 LX9 tune!! Quick question, if you choose 87 octane over say a higher octane how much will the performance from the tune be affected?
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X