Need a replacement hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a replacement hood

Hi, this would actually suck..after you read my situation, I just purchased my G6 a week ago and we had a bad snow storm here in Toronto...I had my car parked in our driveway cozz. you know..bad driving condition out there, a 3inch thick ice slab fell from our roof to my hood ...denting it...well..its like having the grand canyon ... I dont want to do a claim through insurance...and just want to fix it my self or get a good reliable bodyshop..... so... Does anyboy know where I can find a replacement hood? ...silver if painted...

Man that sucks, I will keep my eyes open for one, the dealership has a body shop too. I will more then happy to PM you when I run across one. :smoke:
    Here we......GO! 06 G6 GTP M6 coupe, performance package.(Fully loaded for 06). stealth gray metallic or 59U - GRANITE METALLIC. GM Peformance strut bar, Hammer Head Spoiler, GM Body Kit, Chrome Lower Grille Inserts, MSD Dash Hawk, Head Light Eye Lids, HID Conversion-10,000K. ZEX Nitrous Kit 75 Shot-Wet. (New Add On!)

If I had something smart to say, I would be smart enough not too!

Comment

Welcome! Sorry to hear about the hood.

Comment

Re: Need a replacement hood

Originally posted by Hybrid00923
        Hi, this would actually suck..after you read my situation, I just purchased my G6 a week ago and we had a bad snow storm here in Toronto...I had my car parked in our driveway cozz. you know..bad driving condition out there, a 3inch thick ice slab fell from our roof to my hood ...denting it...well..its like having the grand canyon ... I dont want to do a claim through insurance...and just want to fix it my self or get a good reliable bodyshop..... so... Does anyboy know where I can find a replacement hood? ...silver if painted...
        Hey, I know who you are.

You're Amanda's friend. She just told me about this on MSN today.

Is it possible that you may be able to knock the dent back out?

Got pics?

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Another suggestion that I have is that you can get the MPD hood. It's probably going to be cheaper than a new hood from the dealership anyway.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

you could try to repair the damage but without proper body work especially on a hood it will never look the same.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

what about a claim through your homeowners insurance.. usually its cheaper and wont affect premiums as much... about 3 years ago I had a tree limb land on my car at my ex's house. They filed a claim through the home owners insurance and it was an easy quick process.
              Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

here are some pics...

Comment

That must have been a huge chunk of ice. Are you sure you weren't driving by the CN Tower?

sigpic

Comment

yeah those creases aren't coming out unless you have professional body work done to it which they're just gonna say screw the work and put a new hood on it.
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Thanks !

Thanks for the reply! keep me updated

Comment

NO ... the car was just parked in our driveway..... ,,,anyway how much would a hood cost?

Comment

I'm going to guess at this one, since I have no clue. The number in my head, including painting and installation is around $1500

sigpic

Comment

...one MILLION dollars.....

just as good a guess as any

Comment

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ ... atalogid=2

$300USD for a hood, but I'm sure that they are way below the list price that your dealership will charge you..

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X