This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About CAI

For you guys who have installed this (dunno if anyone else has but Mike) are you hearing a highpitch noise once and a while. I don't know if this is common or if I might not have the clamps tightened enough or something... let me know plz!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

I'm pretty sure Coupe said his does it also. I have a friend with a Silverado and a K&N intake and his makes that sound also-its kinda cool I think.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I would love it if it was more constant, but it comes and goes usually only when first taking off from a stop! When I first heard it I was like BAD ASS, but then it stopped haha, as long as I keep stopping and starting it will be cool as hell!

Comment

Hmm, yeah thats what his does when he starts to accelerate or slowly let off the gas--kinda sounds like a supercharger sometimes

I'm hoping my Stage 3 from Kyle arrives today so hopefully I can understand completely what you're talking about.

*crosses fingers*
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I remember people hearing this sound with the Injen intake installed... I heard it too when I had that POS. But with the doctorspeed intake, I don't hear it anymore.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I'll have to double check all my clamps and whatnot... Also, maybe its because its like 15 dgrees here and its sucking in some unreal cold air I'm sure!

Comment

Some cars do it, some don't. On any given car, the whistle is usually the sound of air rushing over the throttle plate (when under throttle) or through the iac passage (at idle). The whistle (and conditions that cause it) are present before the intake is installed, but can't be heard because of all the tubing and restrictions.
              2006 G6 GTP Coupe
              :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
              :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
              :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I knew it was nothing major as I've heard others had it with different intakes... I was just wondering if anyone had it with this one.. no biggy, I kinda like it now haha!

Comment

Just the sound of air rushing through the K&N.
                  Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                  2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                  w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I haven't heard it on mine yet, I'll be posting pics of my painted intake tubes tomorrow in off topic discussion!!

Comment

Working...
                    X