Tires - Which one would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires - Which one would you choose?

I'm looking around for a replacement of the OE Uniwobbles. So far I'm looking at these, P215/60R16:

1. Continental ContiExtremeContact V-Rated
    2. BFGoodrich Traction T/A V Rated

One of the shops also recommend the Toyo Versado LX. They say it's a new tire, so I'm just wondering if anybody has seen these and know anything about them.

I'm leaned towards the Continentals, since they are the cheapest so far, and I've heard good things about them.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

:warped: My choice: 2. BFGoodrich Traction T/A V Rated
    Here we......GO! 06 G6 GTP M6 coupe, performance package.(Fully loaded for 06). stealth gray metallic or 59U - GRANITE METALLIC. GM Peformance strut bar, Hammer Head Spoiler, GM Body Kit, Chrome Lower Grille Inserts, MSD Dash Hawk, Head Light Eye Lids, HID Conversion-10,000K. ZEX Nitrous Kit 75 Shot-Wet. (New Add On!)

If I had something smart to say, I would be smart enough not too!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG ISH
      :warped: My choice: 2. BFGoodrich Traction T/A V Rated
      Same here.
      Originally posted by TLS2000
      It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Honestly, if you can, get some bigger wheels because those 16" wheels won't do a damd bit of good on that car no matter what kind of tires you put on it. Or put some 245/50-ZR16's that is what they used to put on Z28s.
        Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

My main concern here is that the Uniwobbles almost sent me into a big accident. The traction it provides is horrible.

The first two I looked at had among the best in class rating (on Tire Rack, at least).
          <-- Gray G6? Click!
          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
          2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
          Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

i wouldnt go with the continentals, they're cheap for a reason.
            BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

I had a traction T/A that I used as a spare tire for my grand am while I was waiting 2 months for a replacement Michelin Pilot XGTV4.

Since I only had one tire, I can't make any comment about how good they are.

They are cheap compared to the michelin's I had on the car, but they had good ratings on Tirerack.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
                i wouldnt go with the continentals, they're cheap for a reason.
                They arnt cheap. $188 for my 17".
                I think they only come in one size for the 16" rim though. 225/55/16

Now the Continental ContiPremierContact comes in a 225/55/16 for only about $101 and it got better reviews than the extreme.
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

BFGoodrich
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Go with #2

Comment

I have the Eagle ResponsEdge Tires on my GT (you can get them with 16s too) and they are awesome. They have very good corner handling, smooth, handle well in the snow, and stop very well on dry and wet pavement. They are also smoother than the stock continentals that came with the car. They are pretty expensive but I think they were worth every penny.

Comment

well it looks like i'm spending over $400 on my brakes alone... so If you [general you] were going to pick the BEST tire, what would it be? (reason why would be cool)

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Michelin. Never had a problem with one pior to 8 years of wear and tear.
                          Drawback....$$
                          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I always try to get Michelins on all my cars, I was just asking.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

avoid ANY continental tire at all costs IMHO!
                              2009 PONTIAC G8
                              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X