Took the G6 to the dealer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the G6 to the dealer.

Check engine light came on while warming my car up. Plugged my code reader in and it threw a code P300 I believe. Random/multiple cylinder misfire. Car has 15,000 miles and its an 2007 convertible. This happened to my ford econoline van at 100,000 miles. Had a bad coil pack. Any clues when I will get my car back and whats wrong? Well stuck at home now with no car just smoking my hookah away lol.
    2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Well I just got off the phone. They said the problem was too light and could not be duplicated. Whatever that means...
    2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

basically they aren't going to fix it if they can't duplicate it
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yeah I know. Which is complete BS I agree. Fine let it be if I need to accelerate to avoid an accident and my car is slow due to a cylinder not working correctly, I will be seeing GM in court lol.

Comment

^true man, I think the replication stuff is complete bullshit but hey let it become a complete horrible problem then they have to use more of their own money to repair your car-screw it!
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

This is when you go to the service manager and tell him "listen asshole i pulled the code myself, now give me a loaner and fix my car!"
            Crimson Brotherhood Member

Comment

I read the comments saying that the cylinder 2 is misfiring and is less than 1/6 off and cannot be duplicated. Does this count as 1 for getting into a lemon? Or do they actually have to attempt to fix it?

Comment

a couple of months ago, i had a odd buzzing sound in my left door speaker, so i took it to the dealer. They told me they couldn't hear any problems with it. I figured i was screwed. Then they told me that they would replace it if i wanted them to, whether or not they could hear it. I was amazed. Once they got it out, they said they found a problem with it, but i couldn't believe they replaced it without being able to duplicate it. I've never had them do that before.

Comment

sounds like you have some intelligent non-asshole service people!

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Yeah this is the 2nd time I came in also to complain about that hissing noise. I insisted it is the serpentine belt and the pcv valve. But the guy said there are no technical bulletins so basically he said he can't replace it until he finds one. I have a 2007 convertible GT. I know the bulletin exists for the 2006 I believe...

Comment

Originally posted by Mmartin_47
                      I read the comments saying that the cylinder 2 is misfiring and is less than 1/6 off and cannot be duplicated. Does this count as 1 for getting into a lemon? Or do they actually have to attempt to fix it?

i do belive that they have to attempt
                      it may different per state though

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                      Originally posted by snowmanG6
                      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Well it came on another 2 times. This is getting ridiculous. May get rid of the g6 today for a lexus IS 300 or g35. Still looking around.....

Comment

It can also be a bad spark plug. Ive seen misfires occur due to bad wires/plugs before, but your car is new enough that I wouldn't think it should occur.
                          2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
                          (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
                          (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

Originally posted by Mmartin_47
                            Well it came on another 2 times. This is getting ridiculous. May get rid of the g6 today for a lexus IS 300 or g35. Still looking around.....
                            either one of those are good choices! I have a friend with a IS300 and I don't like the looks but it is one quick mother! and I hear the G35 is too.
                            2007 G6 GTP

Comment

half the dealerships ive been to cant fix a problem that they CAN duplicate.

why should it be any different if they CANT dup it
                              -Lucy-
                              2006 Silver Gt Coupe
                              3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
                              sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

Working...
                              X